OOC - Assassin City [Recruiting One]

Dire Lemming

First Post
Nightbreeze said:
umm...cr@p...the background was in the recruiting thread and I can't find it...help?

There are links to pretty much everything in the first post of this thread.

Sorry for the delay but I want to reread your character history before we continue.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Hm, well I mentioned the game to OnlytheStrong and he said he isn't interested anymore because of "mis-communication" or something. I'm going to have to re recruit because this game was really supposed to be for two players.

Dire Lemming

First Post
I'm sorry for taking so damn long to post recently. I've been having trouble thinking up what to do next, especially if we can't get a new second player. The things I had in mind are meant for two.

Lord Slaw

First Post
Ok, stealth sounds great. I'm in. First though is a Kenku Ninja - or some variation thereof, if you aren't savvy to that. Here's a basic outline.

Given Name: Rainplume
Goes By: Varies - typically just lets others decide what to refer to him as, but is fond of the nickname "Shift".
Race: Kenku
Class: Ninja
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Personality/Appearance: Utterly unremarkable, an impression he cultivates. In conversation, he is reserved and to-the-point.
Combat Style: Acrobatic and improvised, relying on a few hard-hitting strikes, especially at the beginning of combat, ending confrontations as soon as possible. Gains the element of surprise through unexpected entries (rooftops, windows, etc.) and has no issues with the use of lethal force.
Goals: Cultivation of his talents is his primary goal, with gold being a distant, but still significant, second. Glory has no place in his life.

Bear in mind that that Lawful Neutral alignment applies to a strict personal code (originally trained amongst monks) - but that's all he cares about. So, his own law above all else, especially the laws of others.

Last edited:

Dire Lemming

First Post
Hm, unfortunately I only have the CRBs and the Book of Exalted Deeds, so anything from somewhere else would be difficult to do. Also, the population of this city is almost entirely human with only a very few of other races, most of the other races living here are either merchants or diplomats, or slaves. Also non-divine magic of any kind is very rare, and not entirely trusted. If you want the ability to use arcane magic then you have to study with elves.

What would really help is if you came up with a character background, actually. By the wa, what's a Kenku?

Remove ads