OOC - Assassin City [Recruiting One]

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Okay, about magic items. When we originally discussed about magic weapons and armor with Dire, he didn't give me his opinion about this idea: Basic enhancement of w/a are actually just extreme masterwork. This has the effect that they don't show in detect magic, but otherwise they are the same. This is up to Dire still to decide.

Then I'll repost a post about magic items in general from the original recruiting thread:

Me said:
Well since DL said he doesn't want to do the pricing I will pop in and give my ideas. It's up to Dire to accept these first ofcourse. Here is a list of items that could be acquired from witches or in few cases from priests, or some as heirlooms. Most of them are illegal, either because of superstition (Example: Elixir of Love), or because they can be used for criminal purposes.
They can be purchased at double the price of DMG.

Code:
-Feather token, anchor                      * Temple
-Elixir of love                             * Witch
-Unguent of timelessness                    * Witch
-Feather token, fan                         * Temple
-Dust of tracelessness                      * Witch
-Elixir of hiding                           * Witch
-Elixir of sneaking                         * Witch
-Elixir of swimming                         * Witch
-Elixir of vision                           * Witch
-Silversheen                                * Temple
-Feather token, bird                        * Temple
-Feather token, tree                        * Temple
-Feather token, swan boat                   * Temple
-Elixir of truth                            * Temple
-Feather token, whip                        * Temple
-Dust of dryness                            * Temple
-Bag of tricks, gray                        * Heirloom
-Dust of illusion 	                    * Witch
-Goggles of minute seeing                   * Heirloom
-Dust of appearance                         * Temple
-Hat of disguise 	                    * Heirloom
-Pipes of sounding                          * Heirloom
-Efficient quiver                           * Heirloom
-Handy haversack                            * Heirloom
-Boots of the winterlands                   * Heirloom
-Candle of truth 	                    * Temple
-Stone of alarm 	                    * Temple
-Bag of tricks, rust 	                    * Heirloom
-Bead of force 	                            * Heirloom
-Chime of opening 	                    * Heirloom
-Horseshoes of speed 	                    * Heirloom
-Rope of climbing 	                    * Heirloom
-Dust of disappearance 	                    * Witch
-Lens of detection 	                    * Heirloom
-Figurine of wondrous power, silver raven   * Heirloom
-Gloves of arrow snaring 	            * Heirloom
-Restorative ointment 	                    * Temple
-Marvelous pigments 	                    * Witch
-Slippers of spider climbing                * Heirloom
-Incense of meditation                      * Temple/Witch
I updated the list to include means how these items can have been acquired. The heirloom means that no-one knows how these items are made, but there are some of them found around the world. Temple items are made by priests and can be purchased from temples. Witch items can only be acquired illegally by purchasing them from witches. This can draw you the attention of Inquisitors.

Dire should look through this list and rule out those that breaks his vision of the game before you go buying anything.

Now the Hand of Mage isn't on that list but I think it could very well be added. The thing is, I see such an item as exremely illegal. It is an actual hand of an elven mage! To get such thing would be either by murder or grave-robbing. Doesn't mean you couldn't have one, but if your caught carrying one, you could be facing death-sentense. But this too is up to Dire to make the ultimate decision.

Dire Lemming

First Post
I didn't say anything about that? Hm, well I like the idea. I was going to say that the hand of mage was a bit too overtly magical, but the way you put it makes sense. So yeah, that seems ok.

Nightbreeze

First Post
Aww man, I liked the kenku idea :(

Imagine the scene: Ethranor is making some minor magic tricks for the enchanted audience. Suddenly the light goes off, thanks to a bribed servant who manipulated the lanters, the kenku jumps out of the bag-o-tricks brought by Ethranr, savagely murders the client thanks to his darkvision (either natural or aquired), then hides again in the box before the light goes on.

Lo! The killing circus strikes again!
Purrrrfect. :D

Anyway, DireLemming, just a little suggestion from a fellow DM : never, ever admit that you are at a loss about what to do. :D

Lord Slaw

First Post
Actually, Kenkus are indeed Medium-sized creatures. The suitcase thing would be quite fun with a Kobold grappler. Jump out, go SQUEEEE! and cling to their face! :p

Sorry for the delay, had to throw together an essay for English class. Should have finished character up by tomorrow!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=to dire lemming]
do shoes have lips?
tetsubo
[/sblock]

how about a character like the amazing Yin from ocean's 11/12/13?

Lord Slaw

First Post
Character's in the RG. Sorry for the huge delay, a lot of stuff just tends to pop up unexpectedly. Background will come soon, but does everything else check out?

Oh, and I remembered to double the price of all magical items - in other words, hand of the mage and elixir of sneaking. I figure that I'm an assassin, and I've got so much poison on me anyway, that I might as well go for broke and hope that I can avoid that death penalty by not getting caught, or running REALLY quickly. Or, hell, smack them in the face with a vial of knockout poison!

Officer: Care to empty your pockets, sir?
Spider: Oh, sure, no problem, officer... all I've got is this...
*SMACK* *SHATTER* *THUD*

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Looks good to me. For background may I suggest Xenera or Memnos. They are supposed to have more like a Persian Nights feeling and as such could be a good origin for psionic characters.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Yeah, sorry, though I'm not sure when I'll actually get around to posting another IC post since I haven't been able to think of anything interesting to do at the moment. :\

Remove ads