[OOC] [AU] Stone Bones - Recruiting Replacement Player!

Rybaer

First Post
Hmmm...sounds like much fun. There are so many character ideas I'd love to try still. Akashic, perhaps?

Well, put me in as a possible candidate. I'll defer to anyone who's not involved in an AU game already, though. Don't want to leave anyone out. I will check back later to see what interest is like.

dead_radish

Explorer
The feat looks good. However, since I can only spend 3000 gold max on any one thing, and it's 6k to go from +1 to +2 and 10k from +2 to +3, I think I'll skip that for now. ;)

But my character is up in the RG, at least the starting version.

Question, though - Armor song seems a bit unclear to me if it's an Armor bonus or an Enhancement bonus, or an armor bonus equal to your wisdom and an enhancement bonus that goes up with level.

What are your thoughts?

dead_radish

Explorer
That's about what I figured. Which is a bit annoying, as that puts the Armor song at a low ac, and low enhancement, making it hard to increase. Hmm. Guess Iron Witches need to focus on deflection, luck, etc.

Jaws

First Post
Feats Questions

1. Do we have to worry about cost for taking a ceremonial feat at 3rd level? (I have a truename.)

2. Exotic Spell (General). Can you pick an exotic spell that you aren't high enough level for? For example, at first level I take the Exotic Spell feat and choose Empower Rune (a 2nd level exotic spell but can't cast until 4th level as a runethane).

3. Signature Spell (Talent). Does this spell have to be one he can cast? As in my case a simple spell. Or can I choose one complex or exotic spell instead?

I only ask this as these are all DM calls and DMs vary.

Peace and smiles :)

j.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Well this is what I have so far... and no I wouldn't mind the retainer :)

Atlas (Heart of Stone Mountain) Level:5 giant 3/champion of Life 2

Str 16(10) +4 giant =20 +5
dex 14 (6) -2 giant =12 +1
con 15 (8) +2 giant +1 level = 18 +4
int 12 (4) +1
wis 10 (2) +2 giant =12 +1
cha 10 (2) +0

total :32

HP:14 + 4d10 +16

AC:20(21 vs swords, 24 w/shield)
Flatfooted 19 (22 w/shield)
Touch 10 (11) vs swords

Move:30 (20)

Fort +10
Ref +2
Will +6

Skills:
Diplomacy 6 (8)
Heal 4 (5)
Craft, weaponsmith 5 (8)
Spot 2 (3)
Knowledge, ceremonies 2 (3)
Sense Motive 3 (6)
Swim 2 (7, 2 in armor)

Feats:
Natural Swordsman +1 ac vs. swords, +1 dmg w/swords

Exotic Weapon Proficiency:Heavy
Wealthy double starting gold and inheritance of enchanted dragonscale armor

Special Abilities:
Life's Healing 8 hps/day
Call Shield +1 giant's shield (+4 ac) 1/day

Racial:
+4 str
+2 con
+2 wis
-2 dex
+2 to diplomacy, sense motive and craft checks
Size Large:10' reach -1 to attack and ac
move 30'
giant classification rather than humanoid

Languages: Common, Giant, Sibbecai

Equipment:
+1 Bastard Sword (2,370gp) +9 to hit 2d8 +9 dmg 19-20/x2 2d8 +7 one hand 12lbs note enchanted with the everburning enchantment.
mw mighty giant's bow (+5) +5 to hit 2d6 +5 dmg RI 100(950 gp) 6 lbs
+1 Dragonscale armor 5,150 gp 50lbs
20 arrows (2 gp) 6lbs
dagger 4 gp +8 to hit, dmg 1-6 +5 19-20/x2 RI 10
Explorer's Outfit cost n/a 16lbs
noble outfit 150 gp 20lbs
Bacpack 4 gp 4lbs
rope, silk 100' 20 gp 10lbs
bedroll 2 sp 10 lbs
1 week trail rations 7 gp 14 lbs
2 waterskins 4 gp 16lbs
whetstone 4 cp 2lbs
signet ring 10 gp
jewlry 350 gp
10 pitons 2 gp 10 lbs
Flint and Steel 1 gp
Torc of Storm's shelter-This torc allows the wear to cast protection from energey (electricity), 2/day for 10 min each. (2400 gp)
Hands of Life's Hope-These armbands are metal engraved with a branching vine. They allow the wearer to cast lesser battle healing. (Treat as a spell-trigger wand, 50 chg). 1500 gp
Oil of Lesser Beastskin (+2) 300 gp
Detonation of Lesser Drain Away Speed-looks like a glass orb filled with glue. 300gp

Total:13,364 gp 2sp 4 cp 190 lbs light encumbrance

Money: 100 pp 236 gp 7 sp 6 cp

Description:Atlas is quite imposing at 10'2" and 400 lbs. Dressed in his exquisite dragonscale and armed with his giant bastard sword and bow. He has Brown hair and hazel eyes.

Personality:Despite his martial appearance he is as at home in the courts as the battlefield. Coming from being the son of a minor noble. He greatly feels the giant noble obligations of protecting the innocent and down trodden.

Background:Born the son of Gnorim the kind, Atlas was educated in all the giantish traditions, fighting, diplomacy, craft work and ceremonies. When he came of age, he decided to wander the land helping those in need. His father insisted he take their faithful servant (Sebbacai's name to be filled in.)

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
rangerjohn said:
Ray, could I have the stats for dragonhide armor and giant's bow please?
Do you mean the 60gp Beastscale (+4 AC, Max Dex +4, Check penalty -3, with a 30ft movement rate slowed to 20ft), or the Dragonscale armor (which is 4000gp and thus out of your price range)? Giant's Bow is 2d6 dmg, 150gp, x3 crit, 100ft range, weighs 6 lbs, and is a Huge weapon. Arrows are 2gp for 20.

Jaws said:
1. Do we have to worry about cost for taking a ceremonial feat at 3rd level? (I have a truename.)

2. Exotic Spell (General). Can you pick an exotic spell that you aren't high enough level for? For example, at first level I take the Exotic Spell feat and choose Empower Rune (a 2nd level exotic spell but can't cast until 4th level as a runethane).

3. Signature Spell (Talent). Does this spell have to be one he can cast? As in my case a simple spell. Or can I choose one complex or exotic spell instead?

I only ask this as these are all DM calls and DMs vary.

1. Don't worry about the cost for ceremonial feats before now.

2. You can pick one you aren't high enough level to cast... but you have to wait until you're high enough level to cast it before you can use it.

3. Your signature spell must be one you can (eventually) cast. You can take it for an Exotic or Complex if you take the appropriate feat. So... for you you'd have to take it for a simple spell, unless you burned an earlier feat on Complex or Exotic spells.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Ray Silver said:
Do you mean the 60gp Beastscale (+4 AC, Max Dex +4, Check penalty -3, with a 30ft movement rate slowed to 20ft), or the Dragonscale armor (which is 4000gp and thus out of your price range)? Giant's Bow is 2d6 dmg, 150gp, x3 crit, 100ft range, weighs 6 lbs, and is a Huge weapon. Arrows are 2gp for 20.

Would the wealthy feat change that?

Remove ads