• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] [AU] Stone Bones - Recruiting Replacement Player!

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Then may I safely surmise you desire your inheritance at 5th level? ;)

I have some points to make about your gp total. Due to the Wealthy feat, you start with double the starting gold as a first level character, which means you essentially have an additional 200gp. So you have 4,700gp to spend as was previously indicated. Then I give you another 4,500gp worth of stuff to represent what you've picked up adventuring (which I've already done). If you want your inheritance from the Wealthy feat now, then you would gain 5,000gp to spend as you please.

In total, you would get to spend 9,700gp on yourself, no item worth more than 3,200gp and no two items can total 6,400gp. How does that sound? :D

Last edited:

Rybaer

First Post
Okay, I've got a very rough working version of my character done so far...mostly just skills, feats, stats. I'm going with a loresong-turned-spryte akashic. She will have a colorful background, including a good turn as a spymaster/advisor to a noble or political type. Generally focused on being sneaky and extremely smart.

Still have to work on tweaking the skill list and settle on the minor akashic powers. Also need to work on gear. It'll probably take me at least another day to get it finished, but I will post what I have when it's getting close.

As for which sourcebooks I have - most all core and splatbooks from Wizards, most Malhavoc material, Dragon mags, and AU and DT.

Unfortunately, my lunchbreak is over. Back to work. *grumble, grumble*

Last edited:

Jaws

First Post
Here is the small plan I have.

I'm taking the following feats at first level:

Tattooed Spell (Ceremonial)
Exotic Spell (General) — Empower Rune [2nd level]
Complex Spell (General) — I choose 2nd level spells

And then at third level I take Tattooed Spell (Ceremonial) again.

I erase the tattoos (they don't matter at this time what they were, just go with me here, I am getting to the point) when I am a 4th level runethane.

I put the following tattoos on my body at 4th level at a cost of 400 gp each for doing the ceremonies again:

Empower Rune and Bypass Ward. That 800 gp can be taken away from the 4,500 gp of items the DM is giving us.

What is our hit points? I get a d6 per and no Con bonus.

Sourcebooks: DMG, Magic of Faerun, all splatbooks (WoTC), All Dragon Magazines, Book of Eldritch Might I & II, Diamond Throne, and diamondthrone.com

Peace and smiles :)

j.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Rybaer - sounds good. Do you have a general trend in what types of items your character is likely to have picked up in her career? (I.E. what do I roll up for you)?

Jaws - I follow you on the tattoos. :) What runes is your characters taking? And what kind of additional gear is he likely to have acquired? Hit points are max at first and 75% of all the rest.

Corinthi - Darthallys looks good. The only thing you need is your spells and I think you're good to go.

Last edited:

Corinthi

First Post
Ray Silver said:
Corinthi - Darthallys looks good. The only thing you need is your spells and I think you're good to go.

Why thank you, kind DM. I felt I got a little carried away with equipment, but I've not gamed with you before, so it's better to be prepared than surprised.

I added his 'general' spell list, but he will and does modify it to the situation. He'll definately have a 'Awww, don't tell me we're spelunking again...' spell list.

Safe Fall, Glowglobes, Darkvision, etc. I could add that list too if you'd like, but I'd rather just tailor the list to the situation as we go. Less difficulty anticipating what lies ahead when I'm actually on the path, so to speak.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Yeah, just tell me when you're changing it so I know and stuff. And remember that you can swap out your spells readied given an hour to meditate and stuff. Can't renew your spell slots of course until you sleep, but it does give you some added flexibility. :)

Corinthi

First Post
Ray Silver said:
Yeah, just tell me when you're changing it so I know and stuff. And remember that you can swap out your spells readied given an hour to meditate and stuff. Can't renew your spell slots of course until you sleep, but it does give you some added flexibility. :)

*nods* The flexibility of the magic system was what really sold me on AU. The races are passable, the classes are interesting, but it's the magic system that really sings.

I'll give you a background when I get a better idea of Atlas. Basic concept is he was a free wheeling sword for hire who bumped into Atlas and found the needle for his moral compass. Not that he listens to the compass much, but at least now he'll have one. Ideally, he'll be the angel on my shoulder while I'm the devil on his.

Jaws

First Post
Ray Silver said:
Jaws - I follow you on the tattoos. :) What runes is your characters taking? And what kind of additional gear is he likely to have acquired? Hit points are max at first and 75% of all the rest.
The runes I will have will be listed soon. I was hoping you would surprise me on the additional gear stuff as I was mainly a bounty hunter. I did alot of monster hunting with my giant partner. Alot of underground expeditions that way

I'm working on my history and stuff. I should have it posted today.

Peace and smiles :)

j.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Bounter hunter, monster hunter, and underground explorer?

Ok, here's what I have for you.

Ties of the Bloody Strike - These red leather straps, when wound around the arms allow the user to cast true strike on himself three times per day. (constant item), 1,200gp. Amulet of the Spirit Shield - This small silver amulet is shaped like a sheild and engraved with a rune of protection. It allows the user to cast eldritch armor on himself. Each use lasts 2 hours. (charged item, 50 charges), 2,550gp. Wind Wine - as potion of flight, it looks like water, but constantly roils and churns in its crystal container. 750gp.

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
Ok, sounds good. One thing I paid for an everburning torch, can I say I had the spell cast on my sword rather than a torch? Freeing up a hand.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads