• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] [AU] Stone Bones - Recruiting Replacement Player!

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
rangerjohn said:
Well, what am I missing about them then? Are they eventually spellcasters, like a paladin?
Because so far they seem weaker than totem warriors, the other class I have played so far.
Well, you have two good saves (Will and Fort), instead of one like the totem warrior. You have the d10 hit die, which is variable for the totem warrior class. You, as a champion of life, have a special ability to activate any spell-completion or spell trigger items involving a spell with the positive energy descriptor (so you could use a healing wand for instance, or your armbands). You have the life's healing, which is like a paladin's lay on hands, so that's nothing to sneeze at. You can summon a +1 Large sheild for 2 minutes per day (currently), so you don't have to spend extra money on magical protection.

Does that answer your questions? By the way, do you have the book? :confused:

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Ray, thanks for the items those are great. I worked up my character except for his present situation. I really like the idea of being in the middle of a battle for the begining as it fits my character concept to the T. So any one want to join me? Not sure what we would be up against but it would be an interesting way to start the game.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Oh what would you be up against? *Chuckles evilly* We'll just have to see about that... What terrain will you be in, or what part of Dor-Erthenos?

Corinthi

First Post
Corinthi - How close are you to being done? And what kinds of things would your character want?
I'll be finished this evening with the character. The background will be a bit sketchy until I get a feel for my Lord's background so I can weave myself into it. Already have a solid personality and appearance feel that I'll type up for you.

As to items, I'm relatively ambivalent. I'd like items to confound those who would harm my Lord. Perhaps a spell trigger item with a Lesser Transfer Wounds. I'm not interested in purely offensive spell trigger items. I'd like things that are more practical and helpful. Maybe something that casts Hygiene X times per day, or something along those lines. I like the items I've seen for other folks, so I trust your discretion for flavor.

Some things to keep in mind. This character is not nice by any means. He's a zealot who's dedicated to the wellbeing of his Giant charge. Any apparent morality he displays comes from using the Champion of Life as a moral compass in effort not to offend his boss. He'd gladly murder someone in the still of night if he felt his master wanted it. He might even find himself in a situation where he felt he could only protect the giant by doing 'dirty' work behind the Champion's back. I'm shooting for an Oathsworn mentality while using the Mage Blade class.

Well, I'm off to stat the character. He'll be posted tonight.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Ray Silver said:
Well, you have two good saves (Will and Fort), instead of one like the totem warrior. You have the d10 hit die, which is variable for the totem warrior class. You, as a champion of life, have a special ability to activate any spell-completion or spell trigger items involving a spell with the positive energy descriptor (so you could use a healing wand for instance, or your armbands). You have the life's healing, which is like a paladin's lay on hands, so that's nothing to sneeze at. You can summon a +1 Large sheild for 2 minutes per day (currently), so you don't have to spend extra money on magical protection.

Does that answer your questions? By the way, do you have the book? :confused:

Well it should be obvious by now I do not have the book. Does the champion of life get any other abilities, as he increases in level? BTW +1 large shield? Is that another mistake? The example character has +1 giant's shield (ac +4).

Corinthi

First Post
rangerjohn said:
Well it should be obvious by now I do not have the book. Does the champion of life get any other abilities, as he increases in level? BTW +1 large shield? Is that another mistake? The example character has +1 giant's shield (ac +4).

Don't give any real weight to the example characters, I'm afraid. I'm not certain exactly what people were thinking when they were created, but mistakes have been noted in every single example character. Give me a bit and I'll shoot the first two levels of Champion and 3 levels of Giant to you. A fun prestige class you might consider is Giant Paragon from Diamond Throne. 5 Level prestige class expanding on the Giant racial abilities. Size Huge. Woot. Although Huge size could be a tad hindering underground.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
For Corinthi's Mageblade - Hand of the Suffering Healer - constant item that lets you use lesser transfer wounds five times per day. It looks like a simple leather glove with a sun stitched on the back in gold thread. 2,000gp. Bowl of Health - This small ceramic bowl is a shallow basic five inches in diameter, decorated with a blue glaze depicting waves. When filled with water and used in a cleansing ritual (to wash the face, rinse out the mouth, clean hair, etc.) it casts hygiene on the user. It can be used three times per day in this manner. 600gp. Golden Gate, this small charm looks like a small gate made of gold. When opened, dimension door is cast on the opener (single-use item, 7th level). 1,400gp. Tooth of the Benevolent Serpant, a nearly two-inch long serpant's fang that is kept stored in a tough bone tube. When thrust into a being's flesh, it instantly dissolves and casts neutralize poison on him or her. (Single use item). 200gp. Fire Sheild, a minature buckler made from a red gem and carved with leaping flames. When crushed underfoot, the crusher is protected as if by protection from elements (fire) for 10 minutes or until discharged. (Single-use item). 150gp. Reed of the Long Breath, this is a perfectly preserved dry reed sealed in amber. When placed in the mouth, the being is able to function as though water breathing had been cast on him or her. It lasts for two hours. (Single-use item). 150gp.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Corinthi said:
Don't give any real weight to the example characters, I'm afraid. I'm not certain exactly what people were thinking when they were created, but mistakes have been noted in every single example character. Give me a bit and I'll shoot the first two levels of Champion and 3 levels of Giant to you. A fun prestige class you might consider is Giant Paragon from Diamond Throne. 5 Level prestige class expanding on the Giant racial abilities. Size Huge. Woot. Although Huge size could be a tad hindering underground.

Could you send them to my email?

rangerjohn

Explorer
Ray Silver said:
Ok rangerjohn, one last question, you seem to have too many feats. 2 at first level, 1 at third... where is that fourth coming from? Atlas doesn't have any bonus feats anywhere that I can see... Corrected took away iron flesh.

Items for Atlas - Torque of Storm's Shelter - this torque allows the wearer to cast protection from energy (electricity) twice per day for 10 minutes each. 2,400gp. Hands of Life's Hope - These armbands are metal, engraved with a symbol of a branching vine. They allow the wearer to cast lesser battle healing. (Treat as spell-trigger wand, 50 charges). 1,500gp. Oil of lesser beastskin (+2). 300gp. Detonation of lesser drain away speed, which looks like a glass orb full of glue. 300gp.
Easy mistake, but you forgot the wealthy feat.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads