• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC Deus Ex Machina

Forgefly

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Eryndur - Since LogicsFate is no longer with us, I had an inquiry. I have a gaming friend and fellow Eberron fan that I know IRL who has been tracking this thread. He has a great love of warforged and would adore to get into this game. Would you allow another player?

A friend who thinks a warforged squad is fantastic. I would love to try either a warforged monk, trying to understand this new world (to him) through mediation and combat forms, or a warforged barbarian, who tries to find meaning in his life through the surge of emotion in the rage. I guess I'm leaning more toward the Monk though in all honesty.

Eryndur

Explorer
Sure, welcome aboard! I'd go for the monk, since we already have a barbarian. Make sure you read my initial post as I have a few sticking points when it comes to posting frequency, and my post a few days ago regarding my handling of combat encounters.

If you're cool with that, post your character up in the Rogues' Gallery! :D

Forgefly

First Post
Yes, sir!
X2H-079 reporting for duty.
Some call me Spike, for obvious reasons.
"Spike" is an experimental hand to hand combatant trained to use his body to defeat the enemy, his design allows for superior speeds and the ability to grapple enemies and crush them against his spikes. This primary function has been used very successfully to keep enemy spellcasters unable to cast spells.

Successfully Rogued, Sir!

Last edited:

Zurai

First Post
I was going to wait and see if anyone else took out that goblin archer before I made the decision of whether to charge it or not... then I realized I'm playing a paladin, even if it doesn't know it's a paladin yet. There's my answer :p Lead from the front is Grace's style. I gave it adamantine plating for a reason, anyway ;)

Eryndur

Explorer
Spike looks good, Forgefly. Only a small note: you can be part of a limited run, but from Eston, not Metrol.

I'm not going to bother explaining your appearance. You'll just replace Track, our lost ranger. When I post a new update to the map, you'll be a square labeled with an "X", since "S" is already taken for Spider.

Welcome to the group!

Forgefly

First Post
Speaking to Dog's confusion, who is the commanding officer now? It seems that is something that we would each have had drilled into us was the chain of command and where we fell into it.

Redclaw

First Post
I was going off of an early comment by Eryndur, saying that we would all look at each other as equals. I don't have any desire to claim rank over the rest of you. Quite frankly, I don't want to bear the blame if we wind up dying in that cave. :p

Eryndur

Explorer
On the books, Erran is in command, and holds the rank of corporal. You are all privates. When Erran volunteered for duty, he was given the rank purely because he was going to be attached to a warforged unit, and Cyran Command won't allow warforged officers. This allows superior officers to address the unit as a whole by addressing Erran, who provides a level of comfort absent from ordering around "machines". In practice, everyone (including you) knows that Erran is an equal. It would be quite natural (and technically correct) for anyone outside the squad to view Erran as the ranking officer.

Point being, you trust each other equally to look out for each other's best interests.

And Kaodi's comment about vandalism was priceless, I agree. If I was the kind of DM who gave bonus XP for things like that, you'd get some. Have some style points, though! :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads