[OOC] - Discussion for Kingmaker game

renau1g

First Post
It's a 25 point buy Leif, so you get a few more points to shore up stats. Note that Expertise (or any of its similar feats) is not allowable, it's granted for free at 5th.

Scotley

Hero
My shaman is ready mechanically thanks to some generous help from Ozymandias_79. I'll try to finish up the background stuff and get a post out this evening.

Leif

Adventurer
My shaman is ready mechanically thanks to some generous help from Ozymandias_79. I'll try to finish up the background stuff and get a post out this evening.
Can't wait to see what you WOW us with, Scott! ;)

Uhhh, I'll also try to get my Tiefling Avenger done soon? But you said that start time is not for awhile, anyway, right, renau1g? :heh:

Hmmm, background for a Tiefling Brigand Avenger ....... should be fun!

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Work in Progress...not remotely done yet. Suggestions/comments welcome.

[sblock=WIP]====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
level 1
Genasi, Swordmage
Swordmage Aegis: Aegis of Shielding
Elemental Manifestation: Windsoul
Extra Manifestation: Watersoul

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 16, Dex 10, Int 18, Wis 8, Cha 12.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 14, Con 16, Dex 10, Int 16, Wis 8, Cha 12.

AC: 19 Fort: 13 Reflex: 14 Will: 13
HP: 31 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +9, Intimidate +6, Endurance +10, Athletics +8

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +1, Dungeoneering -1, Heal -1, History +4, Insight -1, Nature +1, Perception -1, Religion +4, Stealth, Streetwise +1, Thievery

FEATS
Level 1: Extra Manifestation

POWERS
Swordmage at-will 1: Frigid Blade
Swordmage at-will 1: Sword Burst
Swordmage encounter 1: Flame Cyclone
Swordmage daily 1: Frost Backlash

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Leather Armor, Longsword, Crossbow
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Looks good to me. I played a genasi SM in RL and only difference between my build at lvl 1 was I had Booming Blade but it benefitted from my storm genasi's racial power. I chose Wind Soul as my extra manifestation. Only thing I see is missing a background.

I like Frost Backlash, although the dailies are pretty weak for swordmages at this level I found.

Leif

Adventurer
Didn't get much WOW done. Filling in the template is a heroic task. It took me hours. Still got to flesh out the background, appearance and such. Here's a link to the work in progress if anyone is curious:

PC:Mari Champanel - L4W Wiki
I dunno, I'm pretty wowed. I haven't paid much attention to the Shaman before, or, really most of the classes in PH2 and PH3. :-S

What's up with that wiki? Is that where we're all supposed to put our PCs? I can't find a link to in from ENWorld, other than the link in your post, Scotley.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Yes, the shaman seems to be a bit of a jack of all trades. Pretty good healing, a leader, but also with some controller features and a couple of decent attack powers that are pretty wizardy. Absolutely helpless in melee though. I plan to stay off the front line at all costs.

I am given to understand that you can either post up on the wiki--here's a link to the front page.

L4W Wiki

Or use a Google spreadsheet. I found the wiki to be fairly challenging. I've got to go back and fix one section where I screwed up the code. It was also very time consuming. At least for me, made more so by the fact that Character Builder doesn't allow one to copy and paste. Again, a nod to Ozzy79 for his assistance in putting the character together.

I hope to have Mari ready to submit for approval within the hour. Assuming I can figure out what I left out on that one attack that didn't format right.

Remove ads