[OOC] - Discussion for Kingmaker game

renau1g

First Post
I'll try to clean it up a bit. It is a bit time-consuming that's for sure, which is why ScorpiusRisk came up with the spreadsheet as an alternative. Good thing is that once it's set-up it's actually very useful and great for a DM to follow (at least in my experience)

World Walker's have a really cool power with their spirit! Stops movement and the enemy must spend another action to move again? Wow...that might even be better than a fighter's mark...

Oh, if you don't mind posting your summary I'd appreciate it, I'll save them on my PC for future reference.

Thanks!

Oh, 1 game down in L4W so that should add some free time

Scotley

Hero
I'll try to clean it up a bit. It is a bit time-consuming that's for sure, which is why ScorpiusRisk came up with the spreadsheet as an alternative. Good thing is that once it's set-up it's actually very useful and great for a DM to follow (at least in my experience)

World Walker's have a really cool power with their spirit! Stops movement and the enemy must spend another action to move again? Wow...that might even be better than a fighter's mark...

Oh, if you don't mind posting your summary I'd appreciate it, I'll save them on my PC for future reference.

Thanks!

Oh, 1 game down in L4W so that should add some free time

Thanks! I appreciate the edits. I have now submitted for approval. Here's the summary:

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Mari Champanel, level 1
Human, Shaman
Companion Spirit: World Speaker Spirit
Background: World Walker (+2 to Arcana)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 16, Dex 10, Int 14, Wis 18, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 16, Dex 10, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha 10.

AC: 14 Fort: 15 Reflex: 13 Will: 16
HP: 28 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Perception +9, Nature +9, Endurance +8, Athletics +5, Arcana +9

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics, Bluff, Diplomacy, Dungeoneering +4, Heal +4, History +2, Insight +4, Intimidate, Religion +2, Stealth, Streetwise, Thievery

FEATS
Human: Vigorous Spirit
Level 1: Resilient Spirit

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Haunting Spirits
Shaman at-will 1: Wrath of Winter
Shaman encounter 1: Bramble Ally
Shaman daily 1: Spray of Quills

ITEMS
Bottle of Spirits, Adventurer's Kit, Leather Armor, Longspear, Totem, Sickle

Leif

Adventurer
renau1g -- Ok, I can get to the wiki fine, but is there a particular place where we post our stuff?

Scotley -- You have a bonus at-will power and just one other. Characters generally start with 2 at-wills, so if that's truly a bonus, you should have one more coming, shouldn't you?

Scotley

Hero
Hmm, that's true. The summary seems to have only listed those powers I selected. The shaman gets a few extra at-wills that are automatic based on the type of shaman. So there are really like three missing from the summary.

Shayuri

First Post
Ezmerelda "Easy" Shelby, level 1
Genasi, Swordmage
Swordmage Aegis: Aegis of Shielding
Elemental Manifestation: Windsoul
Extra Manifestation: Watersoul
Background: Recent Life - Mercenary Work (+2 to Athletics)

Description:
At five foot, six inches tall and a hundred twenty-five pounds soaking wet, Ezmerelda isn't exactly a towering presence on the battlefield. It's also sometimes a bit hard to take her seriously as a warrior, with her young girl's face and shapely figure clad only in light armor. More than one ship's guard has learned the hard way not to judge by appearance. Her skin color changes by which elemental manifestation she's currently using...a light seafoam green for Watersoul, and a faded cyan for Windsoul. Her hair is always stark white and long, but it will be flowing around her head as though underwater...or wildly whipping around in a phantom breeze, depending on her manifestation. Oddly, her eyes are a sullen orange-yellow, perhaps hinting at hidden flames deep within.

Background: Pending

[sblock=Vulgar stats]FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 16, Dex 10, Int 18, Wis 8, Cha 12.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 14, Con 16, Dex 10, Int 16, Wis 8, Cha 12.

AC: 19 Fort: 13 Reflex: 14 Will: 13
HP: 31 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +9, Intimidate +6, Endurance +10, Athletics +10

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +1, Dungeoneering -1, Heal -1, History +4, Insight -1, Nature +1, Perception -1, Religion +4, Stealth, Streetwise +1, Thievery

FEATS
Level 1: Extra Manifestation

POWERS
Swordmage at-will 1: Frigid Blade
Swordmage at-will 1: Sword Burst
Swordmage encounter 1: Flame Cyclone
Swordmage daily 1: Frost Backlash

ITEMS
Cash On Hand: 20gp
Adventurer's Kit, Leather Armor, Longsword, Crossbow[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Good news, my adventure was just approved this morning.

Bad news, I'll be out of town for 3 of 5 business days this week without internet access, so I can't commit to starting until late in the week at best.

Good news again, I won't need the wiki pages set-up right away as the RP portion at the start won't require combat stats (well unless you attack each other... ;) ), but I would like at least a rough background, will the PC's be native to this new island that has "shifted" back into the Near Lands, or are you from Daunton, likely a group to explore the island/re-establish communications with them, or perhaps even aboard a Bacarte pirate ship (or any ship for that matter) that was caught by the shift, leaving you on this strange new world.

Scotley

Hero
Sounds good. I submitted Mari a week ago and haven't heard anything about approval. Does it usually take this long or have I done something wrong?

I build a background around Bacarte and left things open saying that she was just out looking for adventure. So she can jump in on a ship or as part of an exploratory party.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I decided to try the GoogleDocs spreadsheet. It's going OK, but I'm having a few minor issues. For example, the At-Will Powers sections aren't really set up for powers that can use either melee or missile weapons, so it looks like you have to make separate entries for each type.

But I'm plodding through, slowly but surely. ;)

renau1g

First Post
I've seen both Mowgli, ScorpiusRisk, & Scotley's sheets, but haven't had a chance to review them. I likely will get caught up at the beginning of July once things slow down at work. Typically, it takes between 2-4 weeks or so to get fully approved right now (things are a bit behind :( )

Last edited:

Remove ads