OOC [Dungeon World] The Seven Reaches

doghead

thotd
Thank you, I have sadly lost my Bonds though :(

NP. Now's the time to think of some new ones. It should be a bit easier now that you have seen the system and the other characters at work

So, End of Session.

Half-Jack didn't act within his alignment and I think all his bonds are still at a place where they could be better fulfilled. No marking of XP there.

As for the questions, I would answer 'YES' to all three though my interpretation may not be exactly as intended. I can supply detail if you'd like.

Yes please.

Changing the subject, I don't have a record of the Troll Fire Charm (though I am thankful you had a copy of Half-Jack's sheet).

Ah. Yes. Good point. Hang on a sec ... Ok. Yes, got it.

thotd said:
A small chuck of charcoal is bound into the centre of the charm. In his other hand, he holds the wicked shard of bloody flint.

Troll Charm (fire)
Summon elemental power. Expose the charm into fire. Roll+WIS
10+ Hold three. Once three are used, the fire sprite disappears.
* Guard something
* Attack something/someone
* Burn something
7-9 Hold one.
6- Angry Sprite. Offer something of yours for the sprite to burn, or it runs amok.

Also, this seems like the opportune time to ask if I can make a slight change to my character sheet. I'd like to switch the Precise tag (the bonus gear enhancement for leveling you bequeathed us) from his dagger to his short sword. I feel like I placed it without really knowing what I was doing at the time.

NP. Go ahead.

One of the reasons I wanted to run this was to give everyone a chance to make any adjustments after getting some exposure to the system.

thotd

GlassEye

Adventurer
Then answer these three questions as a group:
• Did we learn something new and important about the world?
• Did we overcome a notable monster or enemy?
• Did we loot a memorable treasure?
For each “yes” answer everyone marks XP.

We learned something new. A gnoll force is raiding throughout the Seven Reaches and probably stirring up goblins, the fey are experiencing some sort of social disturbance/larger threat, and Blackrock may be supporting brigands. If you mean something bigger (like these are all symptoms of some other threat) then probably 'no'.

For the second, the key is 'notable'. The goblins and the wolves were threatening but not particularly notable. The only other possibility is the pair of trolls though then the question is 'did we overcome them?' Not in the traditional combat way, but... Upon consideration this is probably a 'no'.

For the third, if the trolls don't count then the troll fire charm probably doesn't count (we didn't exactly 'loot' it). But it's a cool item and I can't wait to use it. I think it'll be even more memorable when Half-Jack uses it.

Hmm. Somehow I've manage to convince myself of the opposite of what I said last night.

doghead

thotd
Intentions

Ok. So the way head:

1. RG Thread

Post your characters here. If you use the sheets attached above the Courier New font it will maintain the mono-space formatting.

Feel free to post twice, using the first post for your character sheet and the second for any game notes.

2. IC Thread

Soon.

3. OOC Thread

I am going to create an new OOC thread and snap-up the first few posts for setting material. Until then we will use this thread.

thotd

Trogdor1992

First Post
Awesome, quick work too, only one of my games is back up and running so far, and I'm thinking two of them are now dead, so it's kind of sad, but lightening my load should(hopefully) increase the quality of my writing and posts.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Tapatalk

doghead

thotd
Awesome, quick work too, only one of my games is back up and running so far, and I'm thinking two of them are now dead, so it's kind of sad, but lightening my load should(hopefully) increase the quality of my writing and posts.

Sorry to hear about the lost games. I get the feeling that there has been a bit of thinning of games since the reset.

Throk is posted to the RG, I also took your advice and added a game notes post after it.

Cool. Don't forget to get some bonds up when you get a chance.

thotd

Remove ads