• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC: Endur's Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil

Endur

First Post
Hommelet is quite small. While the need for entertainers may be significant, the job pays little. So you can entertain folks in the local inn, "The Welcome Wench", but you aren't going to get rich there.

You might be able to get room and board, but even an amazing performance is unlikely to get you more than a copper piece and a mug of ale and a place to sleep near the fireplace.

Not much disposable cash in Hommelet.

Only Rufus and Burne qualify as "rich" and they are stay-at-homebodies who don't entertain.

Dalamar said:
Can I use Sleight of Hand and/or Tumble as my income skill as those can be used to earn an income in the way that Perform can?

Last edited:

Endur

First Post
Starting Gold = 1/2 of Maximum gold. So if Max is 200, starting gold = 100

Human languages count as a language choice as normal (Rhopan, Suel, Oeridian, etc., etc.).

Thanee said:
4) Would it be ok, if my character came to Hommlet like 2 or 3 years ago and then lived there, probably working in a bar as a serving girl (also, what's the proper name for that profession?), mostly lacking a better idea where to go (just wants to stay away from the bigger cities)?

(After some reading over the various invocations, I'll probably switch the red dragon in the background line to some kind of fiend, since it simply fits better. Same idea, just a different focus.)

Coming to Hommlet a couple of years ago is fine since you are Rhennee. Proper term would be: serving girl, waitress, wench, etc... With regards to the Fiend, that is fine, and easier for me to fit in too. A Red Dragon capable of polymorphing to Human form is relatively powerful; a Fiend is much easier to deal with. I assume your character is keeping her magical talents and daemonic ancestry a secret?

Place of employment would be an Inn called "The Welcome Wench". At least two other PC are also going to be employed there(Isida's Paladin moonlights as a Bartender and Dalamar's Spellthief is a struggling entertainer).

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Hey Endur,

I got your email.
Either a Scout from Complete Adventurer or a Warmage from Complete Arcane as my Spaltbook rule. Providing there is still room.

-Uriel

Endur

First Post
Scout or Warmage are fine. I'd recommend Scout as this party already has two and a half arcane casters (SpellThief, Warlock, and Wizard).

Uriel said:
Either a Scout from Complete Adventurer or a Warmage from Complete Arcane as my Spaltbook rule.

-Uriel

Last edited:

Pyrex

First Post
Endur, I'm going with the Dwarf Ftr.

Mechanics related portions of the charsheet are nearly done.

Story related portions need a lot of work yet. :)

Endur

First Post
no date set. Also, once the character is posted, I don't consider them finished. I'm going to make "suggestions" for changes to the background story, to fit the character in Hommelet. For instance, for Thanee's character, a Rhannee Warlock with a fiend in her ancestry who works in a bar, my suggestions might be the name of her Boss in the Bar, the name of the fiend in her ancestry, etc., etc. Now if you come up with a name for the Boss in your background story, I might just keep your name for the Boss and change the name of my existing NPC to fit your background story.

Thanee said:
Any idea when you'd like the characters to be finished?

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Endur

First Post
I'm going to turn this request down.

For game mechanics and play balance, I prefer to follow rules as written. While I could approve this feat, it would only be for familiars. The feat by its wording does not apply to Animal Companions. So, I guess my answer to you is no.

Cool article in Dragon, though. I particularly like the idea of a dog for a familiar giving a +2 to sense motive.

Paxus Asclepius said:
I'm looking at the Enspell Familiar feat from an old Dragon as my splat-book pick; it extends the range of the Share Spells class feature from 5 feet to one mile. Is that acceptable?

Remove ads