• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC - [Epic] - Scions of the Endless Falls - Full

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
You could animate a rock, but not a random piece of ground. Please. The DM would cry. There are other spells for that. But otherwise, no, no thrumming or bouncing about or whatnot.

Kelleris

Explorer
Oh, I didn't have anything specific in mind there. Though, my caster level is high Gargantuan, brushing Colossal, so I could in some cases animate the building I was standing in, or a suitably large terrain feature or something.

But I wouldn't just designate "wahtever that guy's standing on." That would just be mean, y'know? :p

EDIT: In that case, I should ask what sort of animatable objects are nearby. None where the gith are floating, I suppose, but are there large enough trees? Standing stone? Medium-size shrubberies?

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
You've got a post in the IC thread which is talking to you Kelleris.

Glad this game is picking up again. Want to flex some psionic might :D

Man, high level caster... heheh.

Kelleris

Explorer
Come to think of it, how are you on psionic countermeasures, Ferrix? I plan (Olidammara willing) on dropping one of the lackey-mages in the surprise round if possible, and my AC should be reliably high, but without Wrahn and the angel guy it could take some time to put these guys down.

Actually, Isida, why don't I go ahead and make a bardic knowledge check to get the scoop on our guests? A 59 should cover everything of immediate interest. In particular I want to know the usual tactics of the spellcasters. An approximate power level (something like 10 levels under me, 5 levels under, 3 over, just something rough) would be nice too.

Oh, and since I'm eying one of the lackey-mages for a swift death before he can make with the casting, and assuming that I can assess his defensive survivability and the approximate amount of havoc my attacks can cause, would an average of 98.5 damage, a DC 29 Fortitude save or die, and 1d6+1 Con damage probably kill him/her? If not, how far short am I of a clean kill?

Hmm... Never done an epic fight before. Want to be careful.

Ferrix

Explorer
Psionic countermeasures? As in: Dispel Psionics? Or more offensive ones. Sigrún's directly offensive list is pretty long: Crystal Shard, Energy Ray, Concussion Blast, Telekinetic Manuever, Crystallize, Brutalize Mind, Crownfire, Disintegrate, Ultrablast, Recall Death, Mind Quake, Id Cascade. Now that I look at the list, I could have been slightly overzealous. Maybe...

I've never run an epic spellcaster before, so this'll be fun. Glad this is a PbP gives me some time to formulate rather than a tabletop game. Makes it easier to fit that 38 intelligence.

Last edited:

Kelleris

Explorer
Heh. I wouldn't bother pretending you're going after a 38 Int. By the Rough IQ Conversion Rule, that's about a 380. You're just making stuff up to describe exactly how clever that is anyway...

Dispelling, yeah, and any general antispellcaster tactics you have prepared. I plan on simply getting right into the thick of the caster-types and causing as much havok as possible, but dealing buckets of damage isn't my strong suit.

Ferrix

Explorer
Kelleris said:
Heh. I wouldn't bother pretending you're going after a 38 Int. By the Rough IQ Conversion Rule, that's about a 380. You're just making stuff up to describe exactly how clever that is anyway...

Dispelling, yeah, and any general antispellcaster tactics you have prepared. I plan on simply getting right into the thick of the caster-types and causing as much havok as possible, but dealing buckets of damage isn't my strong suit.

My general antispellcaster tactics involve... well, let's just say two Empowered Crystal Shards per round, for about oh... 350 or so piercing damage combined to a single target, no save, no power resistance. Or an empowered crownfire or something like that... haha Intelligence drain.

Ferrix

Explorer
I actually find the Expanded PsiHB probably one of the more balanced works by WotC. As a "magic" system it definately fits a power progression than the wizard/sorcerer spell system.

Kelleris

Explorer
I imagine you do. But I've argued the point here and elsewhere, so there's no point in rehashing the case for either side.

But I feel safe leaving you to your own devices. Especially since you have the elan's damage-soaking ability, which I had forgotten about.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads