• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC - [Epic] - Scions of the Endless Falls - Full

Kelleris

Explorer
Tricksy!

How will you keep an eye on us? Maybe remote viewing on me? I don't have false vision up (didn't seem necessary) so that would work.

Ferrix

Explorer
That's a good question... I don't feel like burning 300xp to mimic the remote viewing power via bend reality... I wonder if Su'Ryuu has mindlink or something like that.

Ferrix

Explorer
Etherealness might work, I could be basically sitting right beneath you Ethereal in the earth. Although I want to know from Isida how effectively hidden that would make me against something like True Seeing. Would they be able to perceive through physical objects (like the ground) to detect me?

I can take up to ten people along with me for a total of 31 minutes per manifestation, think that's enough? Arion could even be ethereal, as well as the druid and her companion.

I like this idea better than trying to teleport in, means I'm already there, just sort of not there.

Isida want me to make a Knowledge (psionics) check or something to get an idea for all of these answers or will you just let me know? It's sort of important for my next IC post.

Check is a 69.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
The githyanki party is about a hundred feet above the plains edge of the isle. And the Architect knows that most detection spells can't get through three or more feet of dirt.

Kelleris

Explorer
No etherealness for me. Unless one of them has blindsight (*sigh*) I'm either magically or physically hidden from just about anything. I can react quicker from the prime. I was wondering, though, can you even go ethereal here? I seem to recall the ethereal plane not being coexistent with the astral (if that's where we are).

Actually, that's a good question. Isida, are we on the (vacant) "planar area" of the Falls, or has it been destroyed, placing us in astral space?

Oh, and a ruling question. May I order animated objects to do assist attacks instead of straight attacks? It seems like a reasonable use of a 6th-level spell.

Kelleris

Explorer
Cool. In that case, Ferrix, I agree that etherealness is the best option. Notify me telepathically (or just say you did beforehand, if Isida doesn't mind) and Akumunaga can keep you updated hopefully well enough to react to the first round's actions.

Another thing I thought of, Isida: can I animate an object without designating something for it to attack, so that it lies in wait until I take the MEA to designate a target? If so, are the animated objects undetectable except via sensing the actual magical aura?

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
You can animate them beforehand, but I'm going to say you have to ready an action to tell them when to strike, because objects are dumb. And they're detectable because their magical, just like a golem would be.

Kelleris

Explorer
Hmm, yeah, I figured that much (hence "except via sensing the actual magical aura"). I was more wondering if they quivered in visible anticipation or acquired some kind of magically-induced thrum or something. If, say, I decided to animate the ground someone is standing on before speaking to them, just in case they get uppity. :]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads