• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[ooc] gng - nameless [4/4]

doghead

thotd
Temujin said:
On my first lvl build, when I put Combat Expertise [entry], I didn't mean an entry lvl feat. Don't we get a feat upon creation? thats what I meant by entry...

Humans get a bonus feat, but there is no first level bonus feat any more. Or if you want to see this way, the extra 4CP for Level 1 represents that bonus feat.

Seonaid said:
Ability increases will be handled per normal (level-dependent)?

Yes. There is an attribute increase at 4th, 8th, 12th, etc. as per normal.

I'm going to make your character the Landcarl of the area around Killingtom. The Lord of the area lives in Trolluc. You've had the commision for a couple of years. Where or not you are a local or not is up to you.

As to being a member of the order of Nature's Tenders, leave it open ended for the moment. We can sort out the details once the ic is up and running.

Temujin, I'm going to start you in Killingtom as well, although your character will be from well to the south (further than Trolluc even). I think that the capitol of this March might work. Killingtom is too small a place to have learnt to become a skilled killer. Whatever trouble you got into there, it necessitated putting a fair distance between you and it.

doghead

thotd
Just to let you know. The following inserts have been added to the clean up post.

ic namless II: seventh from seven said:
*Insert* Its back breaking and heartbreaking work pulling the remains of people lives from the broken buildings that they once called home. The people work mechanically, and there is little chatter. Only the small children seem unaffected, scambling around and making castles out of the furniture stacked in the streets. Twice during the afternoon Cromwell blacks out without a sound. The priest can find nothing wrong with him, but mutters about a darkness on his soul, the stain of his parentage. It takes three men to haul the snarling Cromwell of the bloodied and bruised priest. From that moment Cromwell says not another world and his expression is unreadable as he is locked away. *End Insert*

*Insert* It a grey faced Captain that assigns two more men, Gwender and Hadarook to the Seventh. If it even can be called that any more. It clear that he sees the Seventh as some form of nightmare that just keeps getting worse. And that all he wants to do is be done with it. Corporal Gwender is given command.

So dawn sees the rump of the Seventh plus two new (new) faces - Nate, Hewik, Craddoc, Fredar, Gwender and Hadarook - passing out of the gates of Trolluc and heading north towards Killingtom. *End Insert*

The third [ic] is written. I'm just stewing it for a bit. Up tonight.

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
the third [ic].

The third [ic] is up here.

Its called nameless III: lost and found. I don't know why.

Hadarook is a halfling hunter with a great beast of a riding/hunting dog.

the head of the dog.

DrZombie

First Post
Good work doghead. This has gone from a light simple "country bumpkins go out to the forest and meet some goblins" to a "battle-fatigued 101st airborne lost in the ardennes surrounded by germans" kinda gritty feel. Claustrophobic, angst-ridden, not-knowing what will hit you next. Very good work. I was looking at the names of the groûp and with Hewik MIA, the only original SfS'er is Nate. Kinda like a slow TPK :D . I'm getting worried here, I think there's a pattern. You could've just said you didn't wanna game with me :p . I'll try to keep Nate alive as long as possible, just to spite you.
I'll fix-up the char sheet today, but it's just minor details really. (and yes, I was looking to craft the large hammer. I dunno, maybe I should wait with the exotic weapon profficiency. Hmm. Maybe I'll just go for Martial weapons/hammers or something. Or stick with the heavy mace and try for a shield or some heavier armour. Might help me survive, and I'll take an exotic weapon proficiency later.

Seonaid

Explorer
Garival posted in RG. Small changes to skills, shifted one point to another skill and added Alertness bonus. Backstory added also. Let me know if it's not suitable. :)

doghead

thotd
Seonaid, I've got an early start tomorrow, so I'll take a look at it tomorrow night.

DrZ, Thanks. But a write out is not the same thing as a full pc kill. Still shooting for one of those. I friend of mine used to make us write out a description of "the perfect death" for any character we drew up - slain saving one's loved ones/companions/lord, cut down in dark street while drunk after celebrating a great victory, whatever. Said it gave him a better idea as to what made the character tick.

Personally, I think it makes sense to leave the exotic prof until later. And to be honest, unless the hammer is going to be exceptionally out of the ordinary, martial wp (hammers) would probably do the trick.

Seonaid and Temujin, can I get an email address for you both. You can post here or send to doghead206 at netscape dot net.

Stagger_Lee

First Post
I'm a little confused by the goings-on of this thread, but if those two spots aren't full I will submit a character. I had an idea for a male handmaiden (if that's the terminalogy), but am very interested and hence very flexible.

Stagger_Lee

First Post
Name Rhys Travaille
Human Male 2
Concept: Lady's Handmaiden

Height: 5'6"
Weight: 120 lbs
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blond, Ear-length
16 16 8 15 10 8
Initiative: +2 [+2 Dex ]
Speed: 30 ft.
Defense: +3 [+1 BDB, +2 Dex]
Soak: +0
BAB: +1
* melee +1 Dagger (1d4)
* ranged +3 Dagger (thrown) (1d4.)
Full Attack: --
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: --
Special Qualities: Human Traits,
Spellcasting as 2nd Level Cleric - Domains: Healing, Good - 4 0th level, 3+1 1st level - Powers: Healing +1 Caster Level, Good +1 Caster Level Prepared Spells: 0th level: Create Water, Purify Food and Drink, Light, Light 1st Level: Cure Light Wounds (Domain), Bless, Bless Water, Command
Saves: Fortitude 1/+1, Reflex 3/+5, Will 2/+5. Abilities: Str 8, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 8, Wis 16, Cha 16
Skills: Diplomacy 5/+8 [+3 Cha], Escape Artist 5/+7 [+2 Dex], Hide 4/+6 [+2 Dex], Knowledge (Religion) 5/+4 [-1 Int], Move Silently 5/+7 [+2 Dex], Profession(Pleasure) 5/+8[+3 Wis] Sense Motive 5/+8 [+3 Wis], Sleight of Hand 5/+7 [+2 Dex], Heal 5/+8 [+3 Wis]
Feats: Dodge, Mobility
Languages: Common
Equipment:
* Worn/Carried 2 Daggers, concealed, Cortier's Outfit
* In Pouch: Manacles, 3 Candles, Holy Water, Symbol?

Appearance:
Slim-hipped and lithe, Rhys's small stature and defined features give him an almost feminine beauty. His carriage is self-assured, though in no way threatening, his eyes sincere. Rather than priestly vestments he is clothed in such a manner that might make him popular in court, were he there.
Personality:
Rhys believes in self-knowledge through the knowledge of others, and finds Alliria's tenderness in the specifics of those around him - regardless of quirks in question. He loathes suffering, which he believes most "evils" in mankind can be attributed to, and will give freely of himself whatever he can in order to allieve it. Even were he not so kind he would easy to like, for his smirk - both sly and something more - and smooth features. Though this quirky sort of altruism defines him, he is not so honest as he appears - the truth, it seems to him, often serves no better than a pretty lie to those who hear it.

Backstory:
Rhys never knew his father, and his mother was so destitute and miserable that he took to the streets quite young - both to find a bit to eat and to avoid her moods. At the age of 10 he took to petty thievery, and began to find places other than home to sleep. His favorite of these was the Handmaiden's Temple, the workers and priests of which took a liking to him, and he soon spent more time doing small errands for them than lurking about.
These being the people he had known and loved, and having matured quite well in his own right, Rhys enter Alliria's service himself at a tender 16. There he learned to love in a profound manner, and to heal the minds and bodies of others with his own. This last he did in several ways, though he prefers to hide his divine powers, as knowledge of them tends to interfere with his more "mundane" - though that is not an adjective that he would use.
-- Build Notes --

Level 1 [12 CP build]
bab: 0.5 [auto]
base saves: +2 Reflex + 1 Will [2]
skill points: 4 + 1 Hum - 1 Int + 4 [2] = 8*4 = 32
feats: light ap [auto], simple wp [auto], entry: Dodge [human].
entry class: Cast spells as 1st level Cleric [5] progression: Mobility [3]

Level 2 [8 CP build]
bab: 0.5 [auto]
bases saves: +1 Will + 1 Reflex + 1 Fort [2]
skills points: 4 [auto] - 1 Int + 1 Human + 4 [2] = 8
feats: progression class: Cleric spellcasting [4]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads