• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC - Graverended Grimoire (House Millithor in the City of the Spider Queen V)

Dalamar

Adventurer
A not-so-quick calculation tells us that a Metropolis has a minimum of 480 characters of above 1st level. (of which 60 are commoners, btw)

Pyrex

First Post
So (accd to Dalamar's numbers) roughly 0.2% of the population is ECL 13+.

If we estimate the current Drow population of Menzoberranzan at a quarter-million there should be around 500 ECL 13+ Drow.

Assuming an even distribution from 13 to 23 makes 150 ECL 20+ Drow in town.

Wow. :confused:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Well, this is indeed FR, and there tend to be a lot of wizards, clerics, and other high level characters. I would assume among the drow this would be moreso.

At any rate, this is kind of the general outline of the game: Lolth is back, the drow are slowly stabilizing, and now people need to get to the root of the matter.

Lolth's silence (and exactly what happened, I'm not saying yet) caused a huge uproar in the Outer Planes, and now there is a great deal of scrambling about, trying to either arrest possible shifts in power, or push them in favor of one faction or another. This has a big impact the the worshippers of the deities that are looking to grab what they can for themselves.

So, there's going to be a mission, a mission to wrest power to your own gods... or for yourself...

How does that sound? :)

Dalamar

Adventurer
Okay... I just checked the Epic-level Handbook... If we use the table there (which is listed as replacing the one in the DMG for epic campaigns), the lowest level of everybody in a Metropolis increases by 4. And then there's a planar metropolis (population of over 100,000) which has a minimum of 96 characters of at least 21st level. I'll work another counting, using the averages for a normal and a planar metropolis using the table in the ELH.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Yes Bro, your info was good.

As for the vow, I have some suggestions:

Vow of Courage - Never backs down from a fight, once they fight they never flee. In return gain DR 1/-. If they flee, they must receive atonement spell before can regain benefit again.

Vow of Greed - Must always maintain wealth equal to 20% more than a normal character of their level, and never, ever give anything away without payment. In return they gain +5 to Spot and Listen checks and can see invisiblily 1/day (better to spot thieves).

Remove ads