• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC - Graverended Grimoire (House Millithor in the City of the Spider Queen V)

Xael

First Post
Paxus Asclepius said:
If no other loyal clerics of power remain in Mezoberranzan, but there's even a fraction of a surviving population, we could simply move in, sacrifice any treacherous or competitive priestesses, and declare ourselves the ruling triumvirate of the city, install Quertus as head of the wizard's college, Torellan head of Melee Magthere, etc. Or, we could found a new city, using magic in abundance to manufacture it, and draw in only the best and brightest of drow, plus enough commoners and goblinoids for the scutwork.
Gromph Baenre, the Archmage of Menzoberranzan is 25th level. I'd rather not mess with him. Seriously.

We could easily start (or take over) another city, at least Maerimyda, Szith Morcane, and Ched Nasad are in ruins. Quertus has Mass Charm Monster (and Torellan has Dominate), so creating an army of goblinoids etc. shouldn't be a problem.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
On a side note... I'm sort of trying to come up with a vow feat that makes sense for a race better known for it's greed. I can honestly say I'm not having any luck so if someone has an idea(s) I would be happy to hear it/them.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Oi... Well, if it comes to taking over a whole freaking city... Bust out the Stronghold Builder's Guidebook and play along with it if you're going to build some kind of home base. :O

Pyrex

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
You know you could always sneak in and take it also, as it would be pretty interesting to see how Carcelon and Narcelia interact cause of that... :)

Paxus Asclepius said:
...it's also possible that the younger of the Millithor daughters would split off and form her own house...

I've been considering both of those options, but it really would depend on what we decide happened over the past year as well as where we decide we want the game to go.

Xael

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Oi... Well, if it comes to taking over a whole freaking city... Bust out the Stronghold Builder's Guidebook and play along with it if you're going to build some kind of home base. :O
No money, no base. Well, I've got about 1,000gp. So I guess the mega-base-of-doom must wait. We've got Mordenkainen's Magnificient Mansion though.

But I just love SBG, I've got so many ideas...

So, how much discount does charming few hundred (or thousand) goblinoids/whatever as workers get me? ;)

And then we just buy/make a Lyre of Building...

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Pyrex said:
I've been considering both of those options, but it really would depend on what we decide happened over the past year as well as where we decide we want the game to go.
Good, to be honest I can see little reason to stick around. The original houses are ruined and it would be just as easy to start a new, as it would be to rebuild the old... So why hide in your sister's shadow?

Xael

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
Good, to be honest I can see little reason to stick around. The original houses are ruined and it would be just as easy to start a new, as it would be to rebuild the old... So why hide in your sister's shadow?
Yup. 4 persons left from house Millithor, and Tierak left from house Morcane. Neither really sounds like a "house" anymore.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Xael said:
Yup. 4 persons left from house Millithor, and Tierak left from house Morcane. Neither really sounds like a "house" anymore.

To be honest I think the "houses" should be in hiding... I'm sure this is more than as few drow hoses that would love to finish them off.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
If Gromph and the other Baenres are still around, they'd be formidable opponents. If they're either dead, scattered, or disloyal, they'll fall more readily; no matter how powerful Gromph is, if we catch him off-guard, the group as a whole will destroy him.

Pyrex

First Post
There may be, but after the revolt they're not necessarily going to be capable of doing so. I doubt Lolth has that many priestesses capable of casting 9th level spells, and we are three of them.

Before we put too much effort into what happened, Isida, could you give us some info on where you want to take the game?

Remove ads