Pathfinder 2E [OOC] JM's "Doomsday Dawn" Pathfinder 2 Playtest Adventure. (Closed)

Kaodi

Hero
Looking at a lot of the consumable magic items I kinda feel like you would have to be insane to buy them. I suppose the DM could include them in treasure but then that implies someone was insane enough to spend a tonne of gold to make them in the first place.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
They appear to double-up on the use of the word Consumable. Sure, they use "consumable" as one of the types oddly separate from all the other consumables like potions, elixers, etc, that only have one use. I don't think they mean to suggest that a potion is a permanent item. It is, of course, unclear - like a whole lot of the book.

Radaceus

Adventurer
Definately confusing, but looking further... i think all consumable items have the tag 'Consumable' in their description. Of which, the Tools, and Trinkets ( as wella s Elixirs and potions) all bear that tag...so I stand corrected, the list is only 1 item, the useless dull grey stone

Radaceus

Adventurer
And so it came to be, in the advent of creating a party using the (1) 1st level permanent item rule... Every 1st level human adventuring party has at least 3 useless dull gray aeon stones whizzing around their midst with Continual Light cast on them creating a dazzling light show to daze and amaze their adversaries

Kaodi

Hero
Hopefully when the full game comes out there are some good nearly useless 1st level items that are more for flavour than effect. Like clothes that can be invested to clean themselves, or different ones that can be activated to change colour (like a budget hat of disguise). So things that are mostly aesthetic but bend the rules of reality just a little bit.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hat-of-many-hats. It can turn into any kind or style of hat.

Boots-of-the-shoe-shine. These boots are always clean and shiny.

Seriously, though - Level 1 treasures don't even have to be magical. Just giving us Expert quality tools would be awesome. (Or are those level 2? Do they have to be level 2?)

Remove ads