OOC Kingdom of Ashes IV - Who's yo' daddy?

The_Universe

First Post
A quick review of what you know so far (for planning purposes):

1) Caer Albion is under attack by a Draconid force of unknown size. The Army of Prydein is (as you already know) in the North, presumably attacking the Bluestar. AB has hinted that he now controls the Army of Prydein, as well as the Army of the Watch. The Mithral Walls of the Shining City still stand, but the now-dead Redmage has hinted that there have already been inursions inside the walls. Apparently defended only by Talons who remain inside the walls, and by militia, Caer Albion could fall at any time. You don't have a lot of info here, but the Redmage seemed to be telling the truth. Someone seems to have considered his information important enough to send assassins after him/you to keep it from spreading. Tain, so far as you know, is still in Thanesport.

2) A large number of Draconids have left Oceanus, presumably to acquire the 2 spiritblades from the Isle of Mourning. You've managed to do some damage to their fleet, and probably managed to kill some of the invading troops. You don't know if they'll actually find the blades, but as long as they're on the Isle, there's a chance they can get them, and take them to Tain.

3) As a result of their invasion of the Isle of Mourning, Oceanus itself is weakened. It's fleets now lie at the bottom of the sea, or ferry troops back and forth between the Isle and Oceanus. If Randall was right, almost half of the army left in Oceanus has travelled or is travelling to the Isle - that leaves about a quarter of the total invasion force (or about half of what you fought in the Battle for the Alder's Forest) inside Oceanus's walls.

4) Across the sea, a few hundred miles south of Thanesport, in a little village known as One Oak, a scattered few Amastacian Monks and almost 3000 refugees from a far off land are gathered, marshaling for war on your behalf. Their emperor and his shogun have declared their allegience to the Queen, and it is now only a matter of getting them from where they are, to where they need to be.

5) A group in the North is in open Rebellion to the Bluestar, and you have an arrangement to meet with them, probably very shortly. The original arrangement was for 2 weeks, which have passed. Sometime in the next couple of days, or so. If you need to push it back, you probably need to talk to Jansten. The success of the Rebellion depends at least partially on Archonus Bluestar, although I don't think it's been made clear exactly how. Secondarily, they believe that destroying Mansblade is a necessary part of defeating the Deathlord.

6) The Bluestar's forces, under the command of AB, have conquered Sylvannus, although no blood has apparently been spilled. AB is here, and so you're not sure who's in charge in Sylvannus.

That's the important stuff as I see it - do with it what you will. You have several very valid paths, and the sooner you choose one (or choose several, and make a plan to make them all happen) the better. I'd like to be able to prepare a little more for the next time we play. These are hardly the only things going on at the moment, and I know there are other things you've talked about - like going to the Jade Forest Academy - that you may wish to pursue, as well. Good luck, and happy hunting.

PS - PLEASE DECIDE QUICKLY.

Xath

Moder-gator
1) Caer Albion is under attack by a Draconid force of unknown size. The Army of Prydein is (as you already know) in the North, presumably attacking the Bluestar. AB has hinted that he now controls the Army of Prydein, as well as the Army of the Watch. The Mithral Walls of the Shining City still stand, but the now-dead Redmage has hinted that there have already been inursions inside the walls. Apparently defended only by Talons who remain inside the walls, and by militia, Caer Albion could fall at any time. You don't have a lot of info here, but the Redmage seemed to be telling the truth. Someone seems to have considered his information important enough to send assassins after him/you to keep it from spreading. Tain, so far as you know, is still in Thanesport.

Well, there are 2 blades and thousands of innocent people here. If we somehow managed to pull off a rescue, we'd have the aid of the capitol behind us. The only problem is, how? The 6 of us probably can't make that huge of a difference, and by the time we got a signifigant number of forces there, the city will have already been taken. We could try to pull another Oceanus here and lead as many innocents out of the city as possible before it is taken. Have some NPC's lead the exodus, while we frantically search for the spirit blades before the city is overrun.

2) A large number of Draconids have left Oceanus, presumably to acquire the 2 spiritblades from the Isle of Mourning. You've managed to do some damage to their fleet, and probably managed to kill some of the invading troops. You don't know if they'll actually find the blades, but as long as they're on the Isle, there's a chance they can get them, and take them to Tain.

Well, this is a quandry, if they've just sent low level minions, the island will probably take care of them. However, the draconids have proven that they are not stupid, so I doubt this is the case. We have certainly slowed them down, and the island is much more defendable than Caer Albion. But can we leave them to their own devices? Probably not. Is this the highest priority? Probably not.

3) As a result of their invasion of the Isle of Mourning, Oceanus itself is weakened. It's fleets now lie at the bottom of the sea, or ferry troops back and forth between the Isle and Oceanus. If Randall was right, almost half of the army left in Oceanus has travelled or is travelling to the Isle - that leaves about a quarter of the total invasion force (or about half of what you fought in the Battle for the Alder's Forest) inside Oceanus's walls.

Well, this would be the perfect time to take Oceanus back, and from there we would have a good anchor to stop the forays to the Isle of Mourning. And we have promised all of these people that we will win Oceanus back. However, in this situation none of the spirit blades are at stake, and no more people are at risk. It would be a good time to take out Blackadder if she is still in the city, and if she is not, it makes the city that much easier to take.

4) Across the sea, a few hundred miles south of Thanesport, in a little village known as One Oak, a scattered few Amastacian Monks and almost 3000 refugees from a far off land are gathered, marshaling for war on your behalf. Their emperor and his shogun have declared their allegience to the Queen, and it is now only a matter of getting them from where they are, to where they need to be.

Well, the mages are already at work in bringing them to Hyrwl, correct? From there, it would be in our best interests to use these skilled warriors to either take back Oceanus, or defend Caer Albion. However, Caer Albion is a bit further away.

5) A group in the North is in open Rebellion to the Bluestar, and you have an arrangement to meet with them, probably very shortly. The original arrangement was for 2 weeks, which have passed. Sometime in the next couple of days, or so. If you need to push it back, you probably need to talk to Jansten. The success of the Rebellion depends at least partially on Archonus Bluestar, although I don't think it's been made clear exactly how. Secondarily, they believe that destroying Mansblade is a necessary part of defeating the Deathlord.

We'll need an extention on this one. They seem to be holding their own well for now, and the lives of many innocents are at stake elsewhere. If we could get their aid below the wall, it would certainly be useful. But is now really the time? Four more spirit blades are in immediate danger.

6) The Bluestar's forces, under the command of AB, have conquered Sylvannus, although no blood has apparently been spilled. AB is here, and so you're not sure who's in charge in Sylvannus.

Well, we could ask him...

Laurel

First Post
The_Universe said:
Now - the question of where you'll go (and what you'll do) next remains!
Say forget this- pick a small island for about 1,000 people and start our one island Queendom. :)

Laurel

First Post
Are Ryoko's people (the warrior's) ready for battle now? Can they be sent to meet us directly in Oceanus or Caer Albion, instead of sending them to New Oceanus/Hywrl first?

Going to Caer Albion would be going into something completely blind- the messenger is dead, and all we know is the few sentences he was able to say. We don't know the size of the force, how far they are, the layout of the city, possible exit or entry routes-- this is not just teleport in there with an army option. but taking the time to get there over land will make us too late.

The six of us can go in with that small group of elite fighter we have, taking a ring gate with us? Jaine, Preston, Dorn, Randell, Caweys, and messengers are all right there with the other ring gate, so we can instantly get things rolling as we learn/find them out. If we just to start teleporting people out have the mages start if we need to start hearding them out start that.

Showing up and helping in the fight would give us all those allies... what few we save. Any mages that survive will know we were right, and all the others will start down the path the truth as well.

There are also two blades there. Tain may not be attacking more then simply it is a major city, but so far he has been craftier then that. If we get there we have to go for the blades and get them out of there.

About how long would it take to fly to Caer Albion? No riders, no equipment, regular easy fly speed 80 ft. per round.

Laurel

First Post
The_Universe said:
I would guess Filmore, but since that is just a strange random named pulled out the sky we should ask AB.... if we can get an answer from him that is :)

Laurel

First Post
The_Universe said:
A 5) A group in the North is in open Rebellion to the Bluestar, and you have an arrangement to meet with them, probably very shortly. The original arrangement was for 2 weeks, which have passed. Sometime in the next couple of days, or so. If you need to push it back, you probably need to talk to Jansten. The success of the Rebellion depends at least partially on Archonus Bluestar, although I don't think it's been made clear exactly how. Secondarily, they believe that destroying Mansblade is a necessary part of defeating the Deathlord.
Well, if AB, Jaine and Janesten could all forget about it and not ask about the meeting or have a meeting prior to it saying it's all set up ready.... I think this will have to wait. They have been wait a long time yet, and as Gertie said four spirit blades or trying to find out if a group north of the wall can help us.... spirit blades win for now I'd say....

Laurel

First Post
Just to make sure everyone can get access to it, attached is a word doc. of the blades and thier info. sorry if anything is spelled incorrectly. If any of the info is wrong let me know so I can change it.

Attachments

• The Blades.doc
    33.5 KB · Views: 77

The_Universe

First Post
Xath said:
Well, there are 2 blades and thousands of innocent people here. If we somehow managed to pull off a rescue, we'd have the aid of the capitol behind us. The only problem is, how? The 6 of us probably can't make that huge of a difference, and by the time we got a signifigant number of forces there, the city will have already been taken.
While it's true that you probably can't defeat the gathered hordes of Draconids in a stand up fight with only the 5 or 6 of you, you might be able to make a difference if you think creatively. You're rebels, and you need to think as such. ;) You're probably not successfully going to be able to march out onto the field of battle and challenge the whole army. But that's not the only way to fight...

I have two words, that even the most lawful good characters could do in a time like this: Fight. Dirty. Betrayal, trickery, and unpredictability are your best weapons at this point. As long as you're fighting a war and not a rebellion, you're going to be at a severe disadvantage.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I see no way that you can win this war on even terms. You need to stop fighting as if the terms will ever be even. Whether you use the Rebel Alliance in Star Wars as a template, or even something real like the American, Russian or - God forbid - the French Revolutions for a template, something like that is really what you need to do (In my opinion - as always, its possible you could outsmart me). ;)

Just a thought...

Xath said:
Well, this is a quandry, if they've just sent low level minions, the island will probably take care of them. However, the draconids have proven that they are not stupid, so I doubt this is the case. We have certainly slowed them down, and the island is much more defendable than Caer Albion. But can we leave them to their own devices? Probably not. Is this the highest priority? Probably not.
You've probably got some time with this. But don't slumber, either...

Xath said:
Well, the mages are already at work in bringing them to Hyrwl, correct? From there, it would be in our best interests to use these skilled warriors to either take back Oceanus, or defend Caer Albion. However, Caer Albion is a bit further away.
Whatever (if anything) you decide to use them for, I'd suggest you have a plan, and not depend on even these well-trained warriors to defeat the Serpentblood on the open field.

Xath said:
We'll need an extention on this one. They seem to be holding their own well for now, and the lives of many innocents are at stake elsewhere. If we could get their aid below the wall, it would certainly be useful. But is now really the time? Four more spirit blades are in immediate danger.
How are you going get an extension? You're already late for your travels, and spurning the Northern rebellion, even with good reason, will probably not leave them in a real good mood.

Xath said:
Well, we could ask him...
Yes you could.

The_Universe

First Post
Laurel said:
Are Ryoko's people (the warrior's) ready for battle now? Can they be sent to meet us directly in Oceanus or Caer Albion, instead of sending them to New Oceanus/Hywrl first?
Yes. You could. Although not all 3000 are warriors. I'd say about 1000 are warriors, although they are probably better trained than most of what you currently have.

Laurel said:
Going to Caer Albion would be going into something completely blind- the messenger is dead, and all we know is the few sentences he was able to say. We don't know the size of the force, how far they are, the layout of the city, possible exit or entry routes-- this is not just teleport in there with an army option. but taking the time to get there over land will make us too late.
You'd probably have to scout it out before you brought any sizable force to bear on the city.

Laurel said:
The six of us can go in with that small group of elite fighter we have, taking a ring gate with us? Jaine, Preston, Dorn, Randell, Caweys, and messengers are all right there with the other ring gate, so we can instantly get things rolling as we learn/find them out. If we just to start teleporting people out have the mages start if we need to start hearding them out start that.
Abandoning Caer Albion is probably not an option. They have more mages than you do, so if evacuation is the only way, they can do that themselves. They're still fighting because they feel the city needs to be held (and it probably does). Although under the influence of the King already, it will be lost completely as soon as it falls to the Serpentblood. You can offer to accept refugees, but if that's all you plan to do, don't risk your lives to tell them in person.

Laurel said:
About how long would it take to fly to Caer Albion? No riders, no equipment, regular easy fly speed 80 ft. per round.
Day and a half? Maybe 2? Something like that. That's just a guess.

Remove ads