OOC Kingdom of Ashes IV - Who's yo' daddy?

The_Universe

First Post
Laurel said:
Just to make sure everyone can get access to it, attached is a word doc. of the blades and thier info. sorry if anything is spelled incorrectly. If any of the info is wrong let me know so I can change it.
Thanks!

Gertie - can you upload the most current resources list to the thread? That way, everyone can access it, and use it to start their own creative juices flowing...?

The_Universe

First Post
The treasure is:

17000 GP
22 Gems - 10,310 GP
+3 Defending, Shock, Flaming Burst, Ghost Touch Quarterstaff.
Ring of Evasion
Wand of Bull's Strength (30 Charges)

Laurel said:
Going to Caer Albion would be going into something completely blind- the messenger is dead, and all we know is the few sentences he was able to say. We don't know the size of the force, how far they are, the layout of the city, possible exit or entry routes-- this is not just teleport in there with an army option. but taking the time to get there over land will make us too late.

We can, if we want to take the time, cast Speak With Dead on the messenger and see if we can get some answers that way.

The_Universe said:
How are you going get an extension? You're already late for your travels, and spurning the Northern rebellion, even with good reason, will probably not leave them in a real good mood.

Not only are those working with the rebellion in the North going to be upset-- all those people that are waiting to get their homes back have to be getting angry. We promised them that they would have their city back-- now is the perfect time to take it back.

The_Universe

First Post
The people who would be angry that they haven't gotten their homes back have seen, first hand, the capabilities of the enemy. They have stood next to you on hastily constructed dirt walls, risking their lives for the chance that their loved ones might survive. They have watched all of you risk your lives for no better reason than that you feel it is the right thing to do.

Though the population hasn't changed all that much in actual physical makeup, you nonetheless have a very different people in Hyrwl and New Oceanus than what you left Oceanus with. People who were once dockworkers and merchants, blacksmiths and cobblers are now hardened battle veterans. They have watched their brothers and friends fall to protect their new homes, and have bled and died no less than any of you.

Oceanus is a memory, albeit a partly-pleasant one. You have promised to win back Oceanus, but I don't know how many people would truly wish to return to a city that has already been made over in the image of their enemy....The Oceanus that is is hardly the Oceanus that you hoped to return to these people. No one understands better than they that there is more at stake than an already-lost city. I applaud your dedication, and winning Oceanus back is a good idea for more reasons than your promise -- but these people have gone too far to abandon their cause.

*cue swelling theme music* They have been forged in death, tested in battle. Out of the ashes of Oceanus has come a true Army of the Phoenix.

Just a thought. :)

The first step of making a plan is to decide what we want to do...

So, we need to decide if it is possible to take up Caer Albion as our responsibility while, at the same time, fulfilling our other responsibilities to the people in the North. Moreover, we need to decide if we want to give up the blades at the Isle of Mourning without so much as trying to fight for them...

No matter how creative we get, I don't think it is possible to do all of it... at least, not all at once...

So, what do we think??? If your characters were making a list of "Main Objectives" what would they be and what are their importance?

The_Universe

First Post
Also, while you may not be able to achieve everything currently on the table yourselves (which I am not sure is true - I think it's possible that you could) do remember that Archonus Bluestar has offered you an army, as well...

While you pursue one thing, he pursues another?

The_Universe

First Post
Well yes - that's right. That will be one hell of a confusing battlefield, won't it?

If it were me, I'd have him and his forces (if you can convince him) running interference on the Isle of Mourning. No matter what happens, you probably don't want the real army of the Bluestar or the fake army of the Bluestar holding Caer Albion. That's bad in all six ways from sunday.

Laurel

First Post
If AB goes to fight on the island can we get him to agree to bring the blades back to us or to Jaine first before sending them off to old blue?

Do we have a plan for if we do get 1 or 2 or 4 blades what we are doing with them?
-hiding them
-giving them to the bluestar
-run around with them
-dig a really deep hole and hope they are forgotten
-forge dublicates of the actual spirit blades (hide one set run around with the others let them thing we are that stupid and egotistical) or just forge 'em then plant them. If dorn and/or preston can describe the 2 blades on the island at all we could even just switch those.....

Last edited:

Remove ads