• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC Kingdom of Ashes VI (Welcome to the Springer Dimension)

The_Universe said:
On unrelated note, I think we need a hosted forum - it's 40 bucks a year (about 5 bucks per person per year [could be done with fewer people, I suppose]) and it would avoid some of the "when did we post thing X?" that results from having 1 OOC thread and 1 IC thread. It would allow us to compartmentalize by subject...which I think would be handy.
I completely agree - which is why I suggested it like a thousand days ago! ;)

I think it is a very, very smart idea - and cheap to boot!

Does Mordred exist?

Does Mordred exist physically on *this* plane?

Does Mordred have complete control of King Tain?

Is Mordred alive? (want to find out if he'd undea of some type)

Those are a few I just came up with - they need some work on the wording - but you get the basic idea of what sorts of questions Justice wants answered...

The_Universe

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
Does Mordred exist?

Those are a few I just came up with - they need some work on the wording - but you get the basic idea of what sorts of questions Justice wants answered...
You may already have answered at least one of those questions.

But these are a good start. Keep the ideas coming!

Laurel

First Post
So if we keep things on track and get short answers then move on quickly, we have max how many questions would you say? 15? I think that's what we had used before......
The spell lasts for 10 minutes, and we should try to keep it to just one go. Of course if need be we can ask again, but no matter who casts it it takes quite a bit of XP and a 5th level spell slot. -Agreeing with above comments basically-

Laurel

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
Does Mordred exist?

So general themes we want answered:
Where is Tain
In what way is he alive
How much control does he have and over who

Tow more themes that we have gone over before, but we may have more info, now:
What does Morded want
What does Tain want
How does Tiamat fit into this

Do we want to try the question tree again, or just get through a list of however many basic questions and try again if we feel we must?

The_Universe

First Post
Laurel said:
So if we keep things on track and get short answers then move on quickly, we have max how many questions would you say? 15? I think that's what we had used before......
The spell lasts for 10 minutes, and we should try to keep it to just one go. Of course if need be we can ask again, but no matter who casts it it takes quite a bit of XP and a 5th level spell slot. -Agreeing with above comments basically-
I believe that with the spell you have both a time and a question limit - whichever runs out first. Can anyone confirm or deny that?

Laurel

First Post
Ah ha...
Time:
Duration: 1 round/level
Number of Questions:
You contact your deity—or agents thereof —and ask questions that can be answered by a simple yes or no. (A cleric of no particular deity contacts a philosophically allied deity.) You are allowed one such question per caster level.

So it is all goes by how many cleric levels and prestige class levels Justice has.
Preston was casting all the other times, so it was the 15 question limit which now makes sense as he was level 15.

Laurel said:
So general themes we want answered:
Where is Tain
In what way is he alive
How much control does he have and over who

Tow more themes that we have gone over before, but we may have more info, now:
What does Morded want
What does Tain want
How does Tiamat fit into this

Do we want to try the question tree again, or just get through a list of however many basic questions and try again if we feel we must?
We have the answers to the questions about Tain: We know he's alive. We know he's in Thanesport...

The one we need answers about is Mordred. :)

The_Universe

First Post
Laurel said:
Ah ha...
Time:
Number of Questions:

So it is all goes by how many cleric levels and prestige class levels Justice has.
Preston was casting all the other times, so it was the 15 question limit which now makes sense as he was level 15.
Right - so, every question has to have a 5 second "turnaround" in order to get the maximum use out of the casting. ;)

So, it's ok to have a "branching" list, but you need to have the questions ready, and FAST.

Nice to be home, gang. :)

We can take care of this on the boards, if we decide that's the route we want to take.

On another note, can anyone clarify for me what (if any) plans were made for gaming this week/in the following weeks? At what point, I know that gmail mentions tomorrow - if that's the case, I'd like to know. :D If not, when are we thinking, as of now?

Knowing is, after all, half the battle.

Remove ads