• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC - Magic Kingdom for Sale* - Full

Xael

First Post
Grr...

I'm having a very hard time deciding whether to go Wizard 10/Lighting Rod 2 or Wizard 5/Lightning Rod 7 route. Wizard levels would probably come in handy with building stuff, but...

Will have to make few more character builds to see how it turns out. :)

EDIT: Decided to take max levels of Lightning Rod. Zzap!

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Wow, talk about a change of direction there. ;)

One thing, I'd consider, is changing the 5th level Magical Artisan to an Item Creation bonus feat, so they can actually be used.

Here's a few minor errors, I've found. :)

- Magic for Hours: Bull's strength (not strenght)
- Magic for Hours: Extended bull's strength duration is 2 minutes/level (not 20min/lvl)
- Arcane Blood: What about healing, that doesn't use dice? Vigor, Heal, for example.
- Lifeblood of Magic: loses (not looses)
- Lifeblood of Magic: Should be (Ex), I think (or (Su)?).
- (Sp): In general, I'm not sure, whether (Sp) fits well for most of the abilities. Seems more like (Ex) or (Su) to me.
- Magic for a Day: Mage armor cannot be made persistent. Try shield instead.
- Magic for a Month: Should be Magic for a Week now.
- Magic for a Week: "... the Endless can make his magic persist for a 1 day per caster level." (remove the a).
- Magic for a Week: I'd consider to leave the hp cost at 2x level or raise it to 3x level only. The advantage gained here, isn't that big, since you basically only gain the spell slot for a couple days compared to casting the persistent spell every day.

I think I'll go the wizard path, not the sorcerer, since it just seems to fit better to the PrC concept (besides making it much, much easier to qualify). :)

So, Wizard 5/Incantatrix 5/Endless 2.

Bye
Thanee

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Thanee said:

One thing, I'd consider, is changing the 5th level Magical Artisan to an Item Creation bonus feat, so they can actually be used.

Here's a few minor errors, I've found. :)

- Magic for Hours: Bull's strength (not strenght)
- Magic for Hours: Extended bull's strength duration is 2 minutes/level (not 20min/lvl)
- Arcane Blood: What about healing, that doesn't use dice? Vigor, Heal, for example.
- Lifeblood of Magic: loses (not looses)
- Lifeblood of Magic: Should be (Ex), I think (or (Su)?).
- (Sp): In general, I'm not sure, whether (Sp) fits well for most of the abilities. Seems more like (Ex) or (Su) to me.
- Magic for a Day: Mage armor cannot be made persistent. Try shield instead.
- Magic for a Month: Should be Magic for a Week now.
- Magic for a Week: "... the Endless can make his magic persist for a 1 day per caster level." (remove the a).
- Magic for a Week: I'd consider to leave the hp cost at 2x level or raise it to 3x level only. The advantage gained here, isn't that big, since you basically only gain the spell slot for a couple days compared to casting the persistent spell every day.

I think I'll go the wizard path, not the sorcerer, since it just seems to fit better to the PrC concept (besides making it much, much easier to qualify). :)

So, Wizard 5/Incantatrix 5/Endless 2.

Bye
Thanee
Okiday, grammatical errors fixed, Magic for a Month reduced to 3x hit points, and I decided to keep the name Magic for a Month because it's keyed off of caster level, and by the time an Endless gets really up there in level, he could have things going for 20 days or so, so Month is closer to the actual time limit. And it's allitertive! :D

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ok, your brave group of adventurers (who still need a name), recently fought a battle against a rogue adventuring group, known as The Swordbane Clan, in the employ of a cleric of Beshaba, who was using them as agents to spread ill-fortune throughout Low'verok. When the dust settled, and your pay was collected, you were still left with this pile of gear to be distributed, all of which has been identified (either by yourself, or through the Adventurer's Guild, who do this service for a nominal fee).

+3 beetle buckler - This blue scarab beetle is the size of a buckler, and as you know, very adept at blocking ranged attacks. It has a Reflex save of +10. See Arms and Equipment Guide for more.

The Book of the Haunted Trickster – This book is made of ebony wood with a slipcase made from the hide of a doppleganger. The pages are made of fine flakes of ivory, and inscribed with a beautiful, fluid hand.

The book contains the spells Know Protections (MaoF), Reflective Disguise (Und), Create Magical Tattoo (PGtF), Death Armor (MaoF), Reverse Arrows (MaoF), Corpse Candle (T&B), Skull Watch (PGtF), Detect Metal and Minerals (RaoF), Backlash (MaoF), Fire Stride (FRCS), Shadow Well (MaoF), Darsson’s Potion (MaoF), Mass Reflective Disguise (Und), Wall of Dispel Magic (Und), and Translocation Trick (MaoF).

It is waterproofed, pungent, and has resistance 5 against acid, cold, electricity, and fire attacks. It has fifty pages, 41 of which are used. It has as hardness of 4, 6 hit points, and weighs 4 lbs.

Ring of the Lizard – This ring is a small, braided leather cord that provides a constant +10 to Climb checks.

Storm Giant's Strength - This is a gray leather belt with vari-colored stone studs all along its length. It acts as a belt of giant's strength +4.

Pearl of Sea's Wisdom - This is a silver-colored pearl on a braided leather necklace. It acts as a periapt of wisdom +4.

Goggles of Night - Made of black leather with jet lenses.

Stone of Good Luck - A smooth, round, cat's-eye agate, this stone didn't look like much until you cast detect magic on it...

Staff of Healing - This is carved from white ash and inlaid with stone runes in green.

Staff of Surprises - This appears to be an utterly normal quarterstaff made of ash, though when examined closely there are carvings of every size and description on it. (Magic of Faerun)

Dartbane - This longsword was made with the ironwood spell, and is inlaid with small citrines along the hilt. It is a +1 keen, spellblade (magic missile) longsword.

Shatterspike - This strange weapon appears to be a longsword with a chain on the hilt that to a spiked flail head. seemingly carved out of obsidian, yet is as strong as steel. Known as a gyrspike (S&F), it has been given several enchantments to make it easier to use. It is a +2 gyrspike that gives its weilder the free use of both the Exotic Weapon Proficiency (gyrspike) feat as well as the Improved Sunder feat.

Plaugebane - This ring is made from braided hair, and it acts as a ring of disease immunity (Magic of Faerun).

Bow of Arcane Might - Made of a strange bluish wood and carved all over with small arcane runes, this bow was taken from the Swordbane Clan's sorcerer.

Plate of the Golden Forest - This magificient set of full plate armor is carved with a huge tree that starts at the boots and works all the way up to the helm. It is +3 bronzewood (A&E) full plate.

Chitter the Rust Monster - Once a mount for the gnome druid of the Swordbane Clan, Chitter is surprisingly tame and rather cute. Fed copious amounts of scrap metal, he will even even avoid rusting someone's metal armor... if he's full. Another friendly druid was able to figure out Chitter's commands, so he possibly could be ridden by some Small creature with no metal on them.

Ok, so there are your items. If there's an item that everyone agrees is utterly useless to anyone, I will recycle it and find something else for you.

~~~

Hey guys, Monte Cook came up with a rather interesting tweak to the DR rules that I was pondering adopting. Take a look and give me your vote. New Damage Reduction Tweak

~~~

Finally, can everyone give me an idea on what their character will be? I have a pretty good handle on what Thanee and Sephiro no Miko are working on, and I know exactly what Xael's doing. I have a reasonably good inkling on what Emperor Valerian is up to. Identity Crisis and Serpenteye, I need updates from you by Monday, at least just a "I'm thinking of going with X." If not, I start calling up alternates. :)

~~~

One last thing, I am now the proud owner of The Player's Guide to Faerun. If anyone wants one of those regional feats, they can only take them as a first level character, okiday?

Last edited:

Xael

First Post
Thanee said:
I've played too many high-level wizards lately. I'm not sure if the Lightning Rod build will be as effective, but at least it's cool.

...and now I save the 15,000gp that I spend on buying 5th and 6th level spells. :heh:

I feel like I have an idea. Exotic Weapon Profiency: Nagaika. Shocking Nagaika. :]

More character builds...

Last edited:

Xael

First Post
I would have a proposal: Make the Lightning Rod's Kiss of Lightning ability to make weapon a shocking burst one just use up one charge/daily use per round. At the moment, it doesn't seem to make much sense to use a standard action to get the quality to just one attack.

If that sounds too powerful, you could change it to just shocking.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
And it's alliterative! :D

Heh. Just noticed you actually had changed it to weeks in the table, but not in the text below. That was the sole reason, I've pointed it out. :)

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
@Xael: I actually didn't mean you, but the change of focus concerning item creation and The Endless... :)

Anyways, going to do some character creation now... I've sketched up a rough outline so far, but I'm not nearly finished.

Re: DR - I don't think this is a mighty good idea, as it basically just removes the whole 3.5 DR system, since GMW again makes all DR obsolete at some point. What I never liked with the old DR was this all or nothing approach (which was more like nothing normally, in most cases DR could simply be ignored).

It might be ok, if the DR is halved against a weapon of the given power maybe?
And (optional) possibly quartered, if the weapon has an enhancement bonus TWO higher than given in the table?

This way, a mighty magic weapon is still able to punch through DR somewhat, but doesn't totally trump a weapon keyed specifically towards the type of DR.

Re: Group name - No ideas yet, tho it's probably best to have characters finished before we find a name... I'll see that I can post mine today.

Re: Items - What is a Bow of Arcane Might? :)

Book of Walls... Funky!
Chitter the Rust Monster... Heh, we have our own pet rust monster!

:D

Bye
Thanee

Xael

First Post
Thanee said:
@Xael: I actually didn't mean you, but the change of focus concerning item creation and The Endless... :)
Oh. My mistake. Wasn't really paying attention to the Endless discussion...

Re: Items - What is a Bow of Arcane Might? :)
Good question. And I can't find Staff of Surprises from Magic of Faerün.

I'm not really excited about Monte's DR rules.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads