Pathfinder 1E [OOC] Pathfinder: Jade Regent

Kaodi

Hero
So that is how we are rolling it? Okay. Does Angrysnowcasterguy know the "truth" or are we talking a Gwyneira-rank or higher subterfuge?

Edit: I think I may go with Suldrel (u like oo) as Angreysnowcasterguy's name.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Jariah Taliaferro:
In the weapons section for dagger, ammunition shows 2 but in equipment it only lists 1.
Assuming two daggers I count a total of 17 out of 20 (option C) spent so you should have 3 gold left.
The Adopted trait as I read it allows you to choose one trait from the other race's traits. +2 Initiative is not a trait of half-elves. It does match the reactionary combat trait.
Languages list four and as a human you get common plus one more for +1 Int bonus.
Stat block has some errors.

Jakira:
Hit Points should be 12 (1d10 + 1 Con + 1 Favored Class)
For AC I only get +2 natural armor, you show 4.
I only partially changed Jariah's weapons/armor, fixed now. I had to drop the second dagger when I switched the armor to Leather. - Fixed now.
Gold is correct at zero
I am not sure where the 4th language came from. Maybe I had her Int at 14 in the other game? Should be 3 (+1 for Linguistics)- Fixed now.
Actually in my copy of the AGP, Eleven Reflexes (Warrior of Old is the +2 Init Trait for Elves) is a Half-Elven Racial trait. But it doesn't matter since it could be Reactionary.
I had not actually done much with the statblock until we had the rest approved. - Fixed now.

There were a few more things wrong on Jakira as well. - Fixed now.

Shayuri

First Post
Kaodi, Sachiko has been raised as a human...she doesn't know herself. She knows she's not like other people, but doesn't really understand why.

I suspect Angry Elf's parents probably knew (because they most likely saw her mother die), but they didn't really understand what they knew (never having seen the foxpeople before), and hadn't decided how to bring it up before the tragedy struck. I can see elves taking a few years to work that kind of thing out...always thinking it'll be easier when she gets a little older, until oops! Too late.

You can decide if Angry Elf knew, and what he knew, as you see fit.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Speaking of background connections...

Perrin, do you think our characters know each other? Maybe childhood friends or acquaintances at least?

Quite probable.
I have not really had time to look at what other backgrounds you guys have as Jariah's was already written from my last time trying to play Jade Regent.

If you draft a small paragraph about it, I will take a crack at expanding it.

Tailspinner, can we have the RG thread now. It would help.

Kaodi

Hero
I can run with that. If Sachiko thinks she is human but different somehow then it makes the most sense for Suldrel to be basically on the same page. He notices little things that seem odd, but unless Sachiko talks about how she does not feel she quite fits in sometimes he keeps his observations separate and to himself. This way there is plenty of reason for him to think about how Sachiko is going to inevitably die "young" without tossing in the ambiguity of a race whose life-cycle he would not understand. As kitsune age a little faster than humans perhaps it will turn out to be a rather unpleasant surprise one day that it is even worse than he imagined.

Shayuri

First Post
Yeah, there's all kinds of oddities about Sachi. I'd even say that if Suldrel had any knowledge of humans or personal experience with them, he'd probably not find it hard to believe Sachiko wasn't one...or at least not -entirely- one. It's not unlikely that even her own insistence that she is one is based at least in some part on denial, just because she really really wants to feel like she belongs somewhere.

As for age, I'm not sure what you mean. The categories I see for the starting ages by class are identical to human. Is there a source that shows the age categories as they get older?

Edit - Hup! I found it now.

Interesting! Short lives indeed! That's kind of unexpected!

Ah well. :)

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
By the way, how long ago did Suldrel and Sachiko come to Sandpoint? Just to have a rough idea.

EDIT: Fastus posted over to the RG thread.

Where his mistress tends to listen more and not talk about herself much, he has no verbal restraint and will even be blunt or brash. With their telepathic link, his mistress often pokes him mentally and encourages the behavior, while she observes the reactions.
Note that Fastus is quick to anger though. And forgiveness, laughter, joy, sadness, enthousiasm, etc, etc. She would know this if they've interacted before.

Last edited:

Remove ads