Pathfinder 1E [OOC] Pathfinder: Jade Regent

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tailspinner said:
1. I hadn't given it much thought but I would like to shoot for one post a day. If things slow I would try to keep things going.
2. I try to not do group combat. I do try to use a tactical grid when needed. I have been using excel.
3. I never know what to put for this one. But you can see my other game here.

As far as characters go play what you want.
Thanks.

Posting daily sounds good.

I was on the fence with either one (both are characters I want to play at some point). The summoner falls into more unique niche with the others, but with a larger party the extra healing would probably be most welcome. I was waiting to see what BinderFred might say, since it is his niche that I would be treading upon. He did not comment, so I will stick with the summoner. My previous post had her concept/sheet completed already.

Re: Maps.
If you are using the AP PDFs then you already have the meaningful tactical grids available. Google Image search will probably get them as well.

With about 2 minutes of image editing, you can upload the map to a site called Ditzie that will allow everyone to move their own tokens around. Making the tokens is pretty easy (30 seconds) to do with RPTools Token maker as well.

Ditzie.com is nice and it was made for PbP. The learning curve is not steep at all either. Bottom line, it would probably be easier/faster than making tactical grids in Excel.

Here is a game where we use Ditzie and you can take a look: Barrow of the Forgotten King
For DMing, you would need to make an account to upload images to your personal gallery, but once you have it you can actually borrow images from other people too.

Would you be amenable to allowing the Bodyguard Animal Companion Archetype?

I used the Charger Archetype on the cavalier I made. But then I was using a warhorse and it fit. :p

jkason

First Post
I am gonna say no. Please use this for character decisions.

I missed that specific restriction. The Huntmaster archetype, which was the core of the concept, is from the same source as the Bodyguard companion for animals, so I can't actually build the character at all. Snap.

I'll have to go back to the drawing board and see if I can come up with something else I like...

G

Guest 11456

I missed that specific restriction. The Huntmaster archetype, which was the core of the concept, is from the same source as the Bodyguard companion for animals, so I can't actually build the character at all. Snap.

I'll have to go back to the drawing board and see if I can come up with something else I like...

Sorry for the confusion. I'll add all pertinent info to the first post so that everyone can get it all at once instead of muddling through the whole thread.

Graybeard

Explorer
My basic concept is a Half Elf Sorcerer with the Boreal bloodline. Campaign trait is Hero Worship-Ameiko. Still working on the rest. They will be an orphan who has been living with an Aunt and Uncle after her parents died. They disapproved of her parent's relationship and thus treated her as a burden.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
I don't claim any niche. Unless your character is a firebreathing artisan of some sort, Perrin, we should be able to tell them apart... And if a fire-breathing artisan is what you want to play, well we could be brothers or something.

Remove ads