• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(OOC) Planescape: Intrigue

Nordom

Explorer
Okay, intro post is up.

I apologize in advance to everyone for railroading your characters - Promise this is not the norm with how I plan to operate- I'd prefer you move around the Cage and the Planes at your pace and by making your choices - but I needed to figure out a way to force this rag-tag band to team up.

Honestly thought this was a more effective way to team build evil characters rather than having them meet at Sigil's Villain convention, have them posture for a bit, then accept a quest together.

Sure, I’m easy either way. I was just confirming. I imagine he’d always have a dagger nearby, at the very least.

Last day that I’m running a camp so I’ll post this evening and will have more spare time from here on out.

Nordom

Explorer
Me refreshing the IC thread every 20 minutes:
1690598728220.png

maybe I missed in in one of the posts:

What are we doing for equipment? I gave myself starting equipment and then rolled starting gold forgetting that it's one or the other. That said, I haven't bought anything with the gold I rolled. Someone mentioned potions?

found it

Nordom

Explorer
Apologies, did not specify certain mechanics

-Let's do standard 27 point buy. I like this web-based point buy, as it allows you to plug in a variety of races, including variant humans.
-Starting at level 5
-1 secret item of significance that you'll DM me
-Standard equipment and wealth for a 5th level character, but no starting magical items
-I will also give a faction-specific item or bonus to the character, including no faction, or Primes
-Up to 2 uncommon potions from here: Magic Items Index :: 5e.d20srd.org

What did I miss?

I'm trying to drum up a bit of conversation. I was figuring this scene could have a bit of exposition - a good opportunity to rp our characters. My character is putting clothes on, so it gives us a chance to stand around and talk and discuss why we're here.

It's interesting: in real life I interview people to try to find stuff out about them. It's funny how conversational techniques I use at work don't work at all in pbp, lol.

Remove ads