[OOC] Return of the Runelords

Shayuri

First Post
I was going to say, if it was known to have some ties to Tian, and Mei knew about those, it could make it a logical point to stop by...perhaps even the port of call she arrives at (not sure if it's a port).

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I think that if I stay as a human that might work. I am considering a human fighter focused on defense. I'm also considering an orc unchained barbarian, however, focused on offense.

Edit: To clarify, either:

- a human or hobgoblin Armor Master (fighter archetype)
- an orc Invulnerable Rager (unchained barbarian archetype)

-- I was thinking a drunken paladin or melee-focused cleric, too but if someone plays an oracle we would be fine on divine magic.

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Either would be cool, Deuce... Though I kind of dig the idea of a full-plated warrior and diminutive little Teean facing adversaries together. :) Feel free to muck about what I proposed, by the way, just brainstorming

Not sure about the deep sea port either, Shayuri... She might have needed to switch to a smaller vessel to navigate the gulf? (or came in by land (or air :))? Would have to ask Tailspinner

And, while I think of it, another setting question for our esteemed DM: What's the state of firearms and black-powder in Varisia right now, Tailspinner?

Are they wholly unknown, known but treated as rare and magical weapons, crafted by a few gunsmith-master, dwarven guilds, national military, something else?

[sblock=For ref., from the SRD]Very Rare Guns: Early firearms are rare; advanced firearms, the gunslinger class, the Amateur Gunslinger feat, and archetypes that use the firearm rules do not exist in this type of campaign. Firearms are treated more like magic items—things of wonder and mystery—rather than like things that are mass-produced. Few know the strange secrets of firearm creation. Only NPCs can take the Gunsmithing feat.

Emerging Guns: Firearms become more common. They are mass-produced by small guilds, lone gunsmiths, dwarven clans, or maybe even a nation or two—the secret is slipping out, and the occasional rare adventurer uses guns. The baseline gunslinger rules and the prices for ammunition given in this chapter are for this type of campaign. Early firearms are available, but are relatively rare. Adventurers who want to use guns must take the Gunsmithing feat just to make them feasible weapons. Advanced firearms may exist, but only as rare and wondrous items—the stuff of high-level treasure troves.

Commonplace Guns: While still expensive and tricky to wield, early firearms are readily available. Instead of requiring the Exotic Weapon Proficiency feat, all firearms are martial weapons. Early firearms and their ammunition cost 25% of the amounts listed in this book, but advanced firearms and their ammunition are still rare and cost the full price to purchase or craft.

Guns Everywhere: Guns are commonplace. Early firearms are seen as antiques, and advanced firearms are widespread. Firearms are simple weapons, and early firearms, advanced guns, and their ammunition are bought or crafted for 10% of the cost listed in this chapter. The gunslinger loses the gunsmith class feature and instead gains the gun training class feature at 1st level.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I am thinking an alchemist, half elf with the following campaign trait info:

You’ve always felt separated from the era into which you were born. You might be suffering from missing time—whether a few hours, a few weeks, or even several months—for which you have no memories. You might instead receive brief visions of friends or enemies much older or younger than their actual age. You’ve long since grown used to this strange condition, but have not yet determined why you suffer from it. Your GM will be provided with additional information about this trait’s strange nature in the third adventure of Return of the Runelords.

Lost time: was experimenting with a potion given to him by a new client to identify, only to discover it was cursed to activate upon divination magic of any sort: time freeze, teleportation and forget magics were cast upon it to cause the victim to forget where they are from, to be transported to a specific city and to put them in a suspended state for an unknown time.

He woke in a wizard's school assembly hall, in a town of no idea and body frozen in time. The wizards did what they could do, but nothing worked, so when he awoke 6 months later, he restarted with a new life with his alchemy skills.

suggestion to @Tailspinner: The new client was actually the intended target of the curse, but he suspected something was amiss.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?653708-OOC-Return-of-the-Runelords&p=7499782#post7499782

Scotley

Hero
Sorry I'm a little late to the party. Work has been kicking my ass this week. The tokens are a cool concept I may have to steal sometime. Speaking of stealing. This group seems to need a Rogue. Unchained I think. Will have to make some choices about where to best spend my tokens before I decide on race. Shaping up to be a good group. Nice work gang.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Playing around with either a fighter specialized in defense or one on offense. Here's the offense one (might go with Shielded Fighter for defense...):

Character Name: Michael
Alignment: Neutral Good
Race: Human (+2 to Strength, 1 extra feat, 1 bonus skill point at first than additional/level)
Class: Fighter (Two-Handed Fighter) [1 token]
Deity: Desna
Size: Medium
Height: 5’10
Weight: 190
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Homeland: Sandpoint

(1 token, 36 point buy, 17pts to strength, 17pts to Constitution, 2pts to dexterity)
Strength: 20 (+5)
Intelligence: 10
Wisdom: 10
Dexterity: 12 (+1)
Constitution: (+4) 18
Charisma: 10

Armor Class: 16
-Flat Footed: 15
-Touch: 11
CMD: 10+BAB (1)+Str bonus (5)+Dex bonus (1)=17
Max Dex Bonus: +2
Arcane Spell Failure: 45%
Initiative: +5
Movement: 20ft

Fortitude: +6 (2 from class, 4 from Con)
Reflex: +1 (1 from Dex)
Will: +0

Attacks:
-Melee (Greatsword):
– Attack: +7 (1 from BAB, 5 from Str bonus, 1 from Weapon Focus feat)
-Ranged (Shortbow)
--Attack: +2 (1 from BAB, 1 from Dex bonus)

Weapons:
- Greatsword (50gp, 8 pnds) 2d6 damage+5, 19-20/x2 critical, Slashing
- Shortbow (30gp, 2 pnds) 1d6 damage, x3 critical, piercing
- 20 common arrows (1gp 3 pnds)

Armor:
- Scale Mail (50 gp, weight 30 pnds), +5 AC, +3 max dex bonus, -4 armor check, 25% arcane fail)

Equipment: 44 gp

Feats (1 token for other books): (1 human, 1 new character, 1 class bonus)
- Improved Initiative (+4 to initiative)
- Weapon Focus, Greatsword (+1 to attack)
- Shield of Swings (When you take a full-attack action while wielding a two-handed weapon, you can choose to reduce the damage by 1/2 to gain a +4 shield bonus to AC and CMD until the beginning of your next turn. The reduction in damage applies until the beginning of your next turn.)

Traits:
- Close Allies: Whenever you are adjacent to your close ally, you gain a +1 trait bonus on all saving throws. Once per adventure as an immediate action, you may grant your close ally a bonus equal to the result of 1d6 to a single d20 roll. You must have line of sight to your ally to use this ability. You may choose to grant this bonus after your ally has rolled, but must do so before the result of the roll is known.
- Steel Skin: +2 to Intimidate when with Steel Helmet and Heavy Armor

Skills: 3 pnts (2 from class, 1 from human bonus)
- Swim +6 (1 pt, 5 from Str)
- Climb +6 (1pt, 5 from Str)
- Intimidate +1 (1pt)

Description: Michael was the youngest child from a family of farmers along the Varisian coast, but he grew up the strongest and most adventurous. Upon adulthood, the bright-eyed youth left for the city of Magnimar with dreams of making his mark on the world. A couple of years later, a battle-scarred Michael showed up in Sandpoint, with worn armor and a chipped longsword as his sole possessions. Bitter and silent and taking up work as a laborer for the various taverns and brewmasters, spending the money he earned on a simple flat to stay and alcohol. The physical wounds eventually healed, but the emotional ones were deeper. Every so often, veterans would come to visit him, and during those rare and increasingly sporadic visits, the people of Sandpoint would notice Michael’s dark demeanor would brighten as he and his visitor would drink late into night and share old stories. From these rare moments, small snippets would fuel rumors that went around town. Michael had become trained by a famous swordsman. Michael was once a member of the Magnimar guard. No, he was a caravan guard. He was in a war. He was a protector of the powerful. He made enemies of the powerful. He failed a woman of virtue. He saved her, but was greatly wounded. He failed to save her, and was banished. The truth behind the rumors are unknown, and Michael won’t talk about his time in Magnimar, even when deep in drink.

However, recently he’s had a new visitor. A niece named Tchell, who lost her parents in some sort of accident. Michael often backslides, but he has made a point to reduce his drinking and clean up his act so he can buy her a decent bed and clothes. He has taken to exercise again, and though a shell of his former self, the townsfolk cannot help but notice he walks with more purpose and holds his head a bit higher.

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
So here are the basic stats I am looking at, sans equipment so far:

Lunysh "Shendra", female human haunted oracle of intrigue 1, neutral good
str 14 (5) dex 14 (5) con 14 (5) int 13 (3) wis 11 (1) cha 20 (17) 36 pt buy
traits Accidental Clone, irrepressible ( http://aonprd.com/Traits.aspx?Type=Basic (Faith) )
skills (6) bluff, diplomacy, heal, k (religion), profession (barmaid), sense motive
feats toughness, extra orisons
languages common, varisian
intrigue mystery, haunted curse
whispered glimpses (cha instead of wis to perception/sense motive)
spells known
0 - detect magic, guidance, light, mending, resistance, stabilize + mage hand, ghost sound
1 - command, comprehend languages + cure light wounds

G

Guest 11456

Yes. First level, max hit points. I’ll decide before y’all are ready for second level how we will determine hit points past first.

Remove ads