D&D 5E (OOC) Rise of the Dracolich (Full)

tglassy

Adventurer
Mike Mearl’s has been doing “Happy Fun Hours” or something like that, developing the mystic with people watching and commentating on Twitch. He’s been doing it on saturdays for the last two weeks, and will again next week.

Your character could be my character’s wife’s half sibling. So, brother in law. Or nephew, where his father and Primus’ wife are siblings. With the long lives of the elves, age doesn’t really matter.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Mike Mearl’s has been doing “Happy Fun Hours” or something like that, developing the mystic with people watching and commentating on Twitch. He’s been doing it on saturdays for the last two weeks, and will again next week.

Your character could be my character’s wife’s half sibling. So, brother in law. Or nephew, where his father and Primus’ wife are siblings. With the long lives of the elves, age doesn’t really matter.

That could be awkward if the relationship is close. Malbung's father was well known, but obsessed in his later days - and peculiar - about finding a heir to pass down his blade. His father rejected him as a son and left due to the ill advised machinations of Malbung's mother.... but the father died otherwise childless (so Primus' wife can't be a sibling of Malbung) so Malbung inherited the sword anyway.

Primus definitely could have heard of the affair though, it's probably somewhat scandalous in certain circles. And the wife could be a slightly more distant relation? I'm going to have to write a bit about the father on the character sheet.

It's Lorenn. Pronounced LORE-en. Accent on the first syllable.

And NO double e!

Ah, so sorry [MENTION=6805410]Fradak[/MENTION]!

Last edited:

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Wow, people. Are stepping up their backstory games. I might have to take it up a notch as well. I just wonder where (non-extra planar) one might find a kingdom ruled by Aassimar.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I played a Tiefling in a game here by eares33 (that didn't last, unfortunately). Anyway, I had fluffed the character as a sickly human that a cult had used his body to contain a demon. He was in great pain (all their other test subjects died) but he had worked out an equilibrium with the demon. All his warlock power was the demon, he was basically a sickly commoner.

Maybe you could do something like that? Fluff-wise Mord could have been born human, (Anywhere in the Realms) but as part of his pact he wound up with the spark of some celestial (or creature from beyond) that gives him all of his Aasimar traits, a voice in his head, and his sickly appearance.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Wow, people. Are stepping up their backstory games. I might have to take it up a notch as well. I just wonder where (non-extra planar) one might find a kingdom ruled by Aassimar.
Well... there are two reasons for the backstory. This is an imported character from a pathfinder game ( a magus) and I really would have liked to play in 5e instead. So this probably the only opportunity to do so. Anyway, this character had a somewhat elaborate background, and some of it was very campaign specific, so I had to change that (what the father was hoping to achieve).

And now in this game he's multicass? Why? So I had to create a life path that would justify why a bard would become a hexblade.

Last edited:

Remove ads