D&D 5E (OOC) Rise of the Dracolich (Full)

tglassy

Adventurer
Primus doesn’t need to eat. Or drink. Or sleep. He can subsist on sunlight and rainbows.

Or maybe it’s psychic energy. I always get those confused.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Lorenn is a Rogue3/Bladesinger5 so he has Ritual Casting from being a Wizard.
Sesto is a Cleric, assuming 'Pear decides to play him.

]But no one who's particularly focused on rituals, no.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
It's 99% certain that Malbung (my bard /hexblade) will take blade and not tome as his boon, so that makes him pretty short on rituals too ... I don't know if *any* of his spells are rituals....

...So I checked, and he has 2 - Leomund's tiny hut, unseen servant as spells (not at my books, so I don't even know if warlocks automatically can use rituals or not). He *does* have the invocation that gives him detect magic at will, but that might get traded out in the future.

Lastly maybe the Mystic (played by [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION] ) has rituals? I have no idea about that class and such effects.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
One thing that the group is a bit weak on is ranged attacks. Mord (warlock) has pretty potent punch with EB and I guess that my character is ok ish with chill touch, but apart from that... given that we are probably going to fight a dragon at one point...

I hesitate to make a suggestion (it is your character after all, I'm not sure how far you are into the design, and maybe we can force the dracolich to land or something) but perhaps an arcane archer would fit what you had in mind?

Edit: and a feat would give you the rituals...

Last edited:

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mord is a Tome Warlock. And has the subsequent invocation as well. The only problem is that the only rituals he knows this way so far are Comprehend Languages and Identify. I think he can learn more, but haven't had a chance to figure it all out in a while.

Also, [MENTION=59816]FitzTheRuke[/MENTION], would he have been allowed to learn some spells from Imami's library as part of his reward for the vault quest?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Sure. I don't play many spellcasters, so I don't know how to appropriately answer "How many?" beyond "keep in reasonable."

But Imani would share if it made for better allies.

Remove ads