• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Roll20 Online Game Trial - Looking for Players - Australian Timezones

jbear

First Post
Hey everyone,

checking in.

I think the setting sounds really fun! The Underdark is an awesome place to adventure, and Menzoberranzan has got to be a pretty awesome urban setting with all the backstabbing, skullduggery and political intrigue going on from all sides. So colour me interested.

Ummm ... don't know what I'll be. I am going to play a drow and a female at that. So at least one of us in the party has some clout within the house, or can rise to get some.

I'm tempted to go cleric ... hehehe ... do I get a snake headed flail/whip? :D

But I think artificers are really cool leaders, so if we have a leader than I prefer to see what others come up with and build something complimentary.

Even though I'm drow I'm probably going to take the human mechanics. I like to have more feats and at wills. Not too fussed about secondary stats.

Anyway, I'll let it rumble around my head for a while and keep an eye on what others are playing and see if I find a spark of inspiration :)

Looking forward to it!!
Cheers
J

jbear

First Post
Actually ... I've thought about it.

I'm probably going to make a hybrid leader of some kind. The other half will either be defender or striker. I usually build my defenders a la striker anyway.

So yeah, definitely a drow female with reflavoured human mechanics for the feat access and 3 at wills. I'll play around with what might go with battle cleric and post her up tonight.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
PM sent, but no stress if the setting causes you issues.

The main purpose of the setting is to provide unity for the party (Go Team Darketh) and to change up the scenery a little.

The setting isn't so much the issue as is the fact that it encourages evil PC's. IME, evil PC's are always, without exception, a recipe for disaster. Inevitably the player playing an evil character will anger someone in the group and/or be the cause of much disruption and frustration.

I've experienced it far too often and again without exception so I'm simply at a point where if there are evil PC's in a group, I'm just not willing to play in that group.

Now, if nobody is going to make an evil PC, well, that's a different story :)

LordGraz'zt

First Post
The setting isn't so much the issue as is the fact that it encourages evil PC's. IME, evil PC's are always, without exception, a recipe for disaster. Inevitably the player playing an evil character will anger someone in the group and/or be the cause of much disruption and frustration.

Now, if nobody is going to make an evil PC, well, that's a different story :)

No stress - feel free to send me a PM - I do not want to clog this thread up with a tangent about "evil PC's" and their disruption.

If anyone is interested in playing but is a bit wary on the setting or "evil" - feel free to send me a PM.

RobertLie

First Post
I've given it some thought and decided to stick with the Tuathan Warlock with more Rogue-like tendencies. Currently trying to flesh out the background more on my side, and posting it later.

Edit: Originally posted to answer Inspiratorium's question, and turned out I was quite a bit too late. Edited that out ^^;

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Ok, well, assuming all is a go, I'll play a half-orc monk who is a servant to one of the drow PC's. He's either a bodyguard or scout of some type to the PC.

His background is that he's from East Rift originally. But he was abandoned under mysterious circumstances as child barely able to walk. The Orthodox Church of Grumbar took him in and eventually trained him, bestowing unto him the secrets of stone and earth.

Because of personal reasons, he ventured into the Underdark and was captured by drow slavers. Due to his skills and resilience, he was bought as a bodyguard for House Darketh, whom he serves now. Unless anyone objects, his name is "Jon Silva". And no, it has no relation whatsoever to Long John Silver.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Trying to send the PDF but you're not on Skype very often it seems. Also, I tried to buy equipment for him but it seems the search function in the CB is broken as it resulted in a crash whenever I tried it, despite using three different versions of the search engine.

Remove ads