• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Oddly enough, I'm thinking about having Dandin find an affinity with animals. He's going lore, so going to go kind of crazy in the skills department. This might lead me the way of druid spells come level 6. Might be a bit of a duality issue for him because he's definitely a city kid and may have some trouble balancing the two.

Thoughts?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Oddly enough, I'm thinking about having Dandin find an affinity with animals. He's going lore, so going to go kind of crazy in the skills department. This might lead me the way of druid spells come level 6. Might be a bit of a duality issue for him because he's definitely a city kid and may have some trouble balancing the two.

Thoughts?

Well, he's now had a run-in with an ancient mystical Elk and with a Dryad (and any animals that come to her glade, which are actually a lot, but I glossed-over that. Feel free to have him wake up cuddling with a raccoon or something.)

tglassy

Adventurer
Yeah. Makes sense. Though it isn't always easy to come up with something that says "Immortal" in D&D without being Celesltial, Fey, Fiend, or Aberration. Though I suppose the patron could still be one of those but with a different focus than the norm. What type of Pact are you thinking of? It might influence my idea of Patron.

Honestly, I’ve changed my mind. I don’t want any influence on the patron. I want that to be all you. Undead, member of a secret immortal society, some kind of otherworldly demigod of immortality, god of death, good, evil, neutral, lawful or chaotic, whatever you want, however you want to play it. Whatever you want to do, I’m game.

If you need ideas, it would be interesting if Titus’ family, or someone in his family, had dealings with this being, which is why Titus drew it’s attention. The mystery of who this being is and why it wants Titus to work for it could be a great side thing for Titus to pursue.

As for Pact, do you mean Pact Boon? Cause the only thing that makes sense is Pact of the Blade. I already have Ritual Caster, so there’s no need for the Tome, and through that I already have a great familiar, so no need for that, either. Titus will still be front line. He’s just seeking a way to extend his naturally short life.

Speaking of Ritual Caster, I need to remember I have that. That’s a useful thing for anyone to have, much more so a Warlock.

tglassy

Adventurer
Got Titus leveled up. Looking good. At some point, he will take another level of Fighter, though I’m not sure when. Having a few extra spell slots from Eldritch Knight will help a lot, as will a few extra spells. Rituals, of course, for utility. And a strong sword arm. I like the way he’s turning out. Not that we’ll get get there, but I’ll likely go for Fighter 10/Warlock 10, keeping an even pacing, but I’ll let the story determine that.

Did he get any ritual Spell scrolls recently? I don’t remember.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Got Titus leveled up. Looking good. At some point, he will take another level of Fighter, though I’m not sure when. Having a few extra spell slots from Eldritch Knight will help a lot, as will a few extra spells. Rituals, of course, for utility. And a strong sword arm. I like the way he’s turning out. Not that we’ll get get there, but I’ll likely go for Fighter 10/Warlock 10, keeping an even pacing, but I’ll let the story determine that.

Did he get any ritual Spell scrolls recently? I don’t remember.

Not since the very beginning when Delfin (the main Wizard in Daggerford) got him some. I don't remember what.

tglassy

Adventurer
Let me know when the Patron is ready. Should we role play the contact? We could PM it if you don’t want to take up space on the forum.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Quick run-down on Dandin's new level as it's a big one.

Experise: double prof bonus on Insight and Persuasion.

Bonus Prof: Animal Handling, Investigation, and Perception.

Cutting Words: The inverse of inspiration targeting enemies and affecting attack, damage or ability rolls as a reaction. (Doesn't work if target is immune to charm or can't hear.)

Forgot Heroism to learn Healing Word. Also learned Enhance Ability. (Because what skill monkey is complete without advantage on demand?)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads