• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC: Scouting the Spires

Greybar

No Trouble at All
I think so. The disagreement was only there because I think we were both misunderstanding each other.

It probably would be good for me to post those before your first fight, I suppose. I think if you go to the bar, I'm practically contractually required to provide a fight.

Is it safe to assume that, as monks, we have renounced such worldly delights as drinking alcohol, gambling, and paying for lap dances? This sort of thing is common for monastic ordered, but some orders are going to be more stringent than others.

I'm asking because it will most definitely affect how we approach the upcoming Bar environment.

Shawn/Albus

Samus_the_Lucky

daedalus@theworld.co said:
Is it safe to assume that, as monks, we have renounced such worldly delights as drinking alcohol, gambling, and paying for lap dances?

Celarus hopes not. But then again you'd have to catch him in the act, which would be difficult.

BTW: if only _paying_ for the lap dances may be renounced, then would Albus accept donations?

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Good question. I'm going to say that you have a difficult line to follow.

You are not forbidden from alcohol, but you are strongly instructed not to allow such things to cloud your mental or physical sense of presence and calm. A purified and sanctified spirit is used is some of the rituals of the monastery, but not that often that you'd have that much of a tolerance beyond the strength of your constitution.

To touch on the other elements, since you brought them up (even if in jest)): Gambling, as a device of chaos and indiscipline, is indeed forbidden, and you have been warned to hold yourself apart from the crude indulgences of the flesh that might parade themselves in some places in Highlake. This is not to say that you are restricted to chastity or celibacy - indeed there are married members of the "monastery", though their partners are invariably also members of the community.

In short, you are held to something much more than a simple admonishment to moderation, but less than a absolute prohibition. Continued control, discipline, and focus are the objectives which should be maintained.

Of course, there are always those who stray from the teachings...

Greybar

No Trouble at All
In case people didn't keep notes on what moneys they have:

Locutus: 300gp (on my list, anyway...)
Fera: 0gp
Celarus: 473gp 1sp
Albus: 46gp

I'm working on the statblocks today.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Gah! Yeah, I keep thinking things like "well, I'll give so and so a day to pop in a comment."

So, instead I think I'll accelerate things a bit...

Samus_the_Lucky

Albus and Causarius are seated at the bar

So either Albus is a big guy... or along with all the other lovely personal habits he has he also as Multiple Personality Disorder?

So... a monk, a thief and two psionics enter a bar...

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Whoops... Albus and Celarus. Will correct...

(there is the Schism power, but I don't think he's manifesting that right now...)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads