• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC: Scouting the Spires

Samus_the_Lucky

What's the layout of this battle? Where are Vanik & his attacker relative to Celarus? My thought was for Celarus to slam the cider mug over the attacker's head before fading into shadows...

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Sure, go for it. I'm willing for the layout to be cinematically flexible enough for such.

Right now I can see the layout as something like

Code:
------- BAR --Alb--Cel.-----|
BckDoor
                 fight-here         Door

tabel       table    table
                w/PCs

more tables

fireplace and back wall

ericpat

First Post
Have we seen the "large curved swordlike weapon"s before? Or heard about them? Do either of the men that just showed up match descriptions of folks we've heard of in town?

GM:
[SBLOCK]Lets hope you roll as poorly for the bad guys as you do for us... :p BTW, I just noticed in re-reading some of the XPH, PsiCrystals get 4 ranks in spot and listen, so my PsiCrystal is actually better at those things than I am...[/SBLOCK]

Greybar

No Trouble at All
The two new guys don't fit any of the people you've heard about.

And the large curved sword (aka falchion, a two-handed scimitar) is a weapon generally associated with the Draho raiders rather than Haraivans. However, these outlying semi-anarchic towns are probably the most likely to adopt non-traditional weapons if it suits them.

I'm going to go ahead and post the results up to the burly man, which means that Fera, Vanik, and Locutus will have actions to go after that.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
On a side note, Vanik manages to keep taking a maxed out blow from that battleaxe, if you're wondering why he's getting mangled. Full 8 on the die, plus full Power Attack ...

Albus[sblock]
You took 17hp off of Vanik, and successfully converted that to a mere 9 nonlethal damage. Your arm isn't broken, but it had an open bleeding wound for the time between when you took on the injury (on your move) and when you converted it (at the end of the turn, which technically hasn't happened yet).
Also, I double checked and Spring Attack can only be used with a melee attack, but it won't matter for this particular scene/case.
[/sblock]

Celaraus[sblock]
Those guys in the doorway have pretty pale faces to be Haraivan, but Draho tend to be just as dark.
[/sblock]

Locutus[sblock]
BTW, you think that Vanik is being completely honest, though these are extraordinary circumstances.
[/sblock]

ericpat

First Post
Greybar said:
Whoops I need a Locutus move for the end of combat round one before we can move on...

I think you already resolved that:

"Almost unnoticed in all of this is a dull, deep bell like sound that isn't quite perceived in the ears... our heroes recognize this as an effect that often happens when Locutus turns his mind to a power."

Unless that was the "surprise" round that only Vanik/Hollus were surprised during...

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Okay, I think I tried to speed things up and instead just got confused.

Here's how I'm thinking it should have gone:

Maeror enters, makes opening threat/monologue, Initiative gets rolls.
Albus heals Celarus
Celarus delays
Maeror lays the smack down on Vanik
Fera's manifests stomp (this was missed)
Locutus manifests
Hollus monologue, no other action
-- end round 1, start round 2 --
Albus rolls in, heals Vanik
Celarus smashes Maeror's head with the mug
Maeror continues the attack on Vanik
<-- we are here
Now we'll get Fera's and Locutus's second round actions

whew, this play by post will take a little more attention and getting used to.

let's resolve Fera/Locutus/Hollus, then we'll pause again to get the "fast" heroes (Albus/Celarus).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads