• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC Shackled City Gestalt Campaign (Full)

Vargo

First Post
http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=81463

Looks like the "initial" post is up. I'm assuming you have one more post to make before we get started, given as the only thing we know is that Cauldron is a prosperous but isolated city? :D

A question about prestige classes (early to be thinking that way, yes, but it's never too early to think about it) - is it possible to replace the "sorceror" half of the gestalt with a sorceror-styled prestige class?

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
Excellent, everyone!

Some more answers:

Ghostknight said:
Are we all using the same color or do you want us to use different colors for readability?

Different colors would be great, though there is no need to have a different color from another character. Also, I would like to second Erekose13's request of no dark colors. The more visible against this black background, the better.

Ghostknight said:
Shall we amend character histories for this or just leave them as is?

Feel free to amend your character histories to include the quirk about sorcerer spellcasting. In fact, at any time you would like to expand on your histories, please do so, and let the rest of us know so that we can all read up on the goodies you may have added. ;)

I will also be assuming that your characters do not know each other. You will all meet in the first few posts of the game. As it stands, this is my plan:

Hershan and James are travelers, just approaching the city of Cauldron for the first time.

Telenor and Polaris have lived in Cauldron all their lives.

All background information regarding the city of Cauldron will be revealed during the course of play.

Erekose13 said:
did you want to open up a Rogues Gallery thread for this game, its a nice way to keep all the characters together in one place, uncluttered by the ooc chatter

Definitely. I will set up the thread with some of the background information of Cauldron (once the Playing the Game thread kicks off), and you can post your characters there, as well as update them upon leveling.

Okay, great! I'll have the first post up for everyone within a day. (By the way, I live in California, so when I say evening, morning, tomorrow, etc., I am referring to Pacific Standard Time. Hopefully this will prevent any confusion. :) )

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
Vargo said:
Looks like the "initial" post is up. I'm assuming you have one more post to make before we get started, given as the only thing we know is that Cauldron is a prosperous but isolated city? :D

Very true. :cool: In fact, it will be a pretty massive post to introduce everyone at the same time, as well as provide some of that necessary background information.

Vargo said:
A question about prestige classes (early to be thinking that way, yes, but it's never too early to think about it) - is it possible to replace the "sorceror" half of the gestalt with a sorceror-styled prestige class?

Definitely not too early to be thinking about it. And it's a good question, one I hadn't thought about too much. And I'm going to say yes, subject to DM approval, of course.

Ghostknight

First Post
Ok, for anyone interested the background for Hershan has been updated.

And yep, ordered Unearthed Arcana from Amazon yesterday so I should have it in 15 - 22 days time :cool: (Faster international shipping is just way too expensive, the shipping would have been more than the book, standard international shipping is only half the cost of the book :uhoh: )

Quick question - what is Pacific Standard time in GMT (-6, -8)?

Last edited:

Ghostknight

First Post
Vow of Poverty and Paladin Mount

Hmm, once we are looking ahead at the future I came up with this question - how is this going to be handled - no mount allowed or one of those things allowed in the vow of poverty (it is silent on the issue of animal companions in the BoED)

Vargo

First Post
My inner munchkin is screaming to get out. :D

I just added a couple lines about the Sorceror abilities to my character, and had this weird urge to completely munch out, drop alertness, take Elf instead of Human, keep Dex @ 16 and Con @ 10 (saving 2 points overall) then bumping Int to 14 to keep the same level of skill, with a +1 to all Int skills, and all the Elvish goodies.

:heh:

Don't lynch me. I didn't do it.

Vargo "I'll take one level of Human Paragon/Sorceror, then two levels of Rogue/Human Paragon, thank you very much" :D

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
Ghostknight said:
Hmm, once we are looking ahead at the future I came up with this question - how is this going to be handled - no mount allowed or one of those things allowed in the vow of poverty (it is silent on the issue of animal companions in the BoED)

My interpretation would be that the paladin's special mount and the druid and ranger's animal companions are not possessions of the character, but something more akin to a cohort. Thus, I would allow mounts (via a class feature), but not as a possession, with the vow of poverty.

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
Vargo said:
My inner munchkin is screaming to get out.

I just added a couple lines about the Sorceror abilities to my character, and had this weird urge to completely munch out, drop alertness, take Elf instead of Human, keep Dex @ 16 and Con @ 10 (saving 2 points overall) then bumping Int to 14 to keep the same level of skill, with a +1 to all Int skills, and all the Elvish goodies.

Don't lynch me. I didn't do it.

Feel free, I don't mind. :)

However . . .

Vargo said:
"I'll take one level of Human Paragon/Sorceror, then two levels of Rogue/Human Paragon, thank you very much"

No paragons in this campaign. Plus, every level will have either sorcerer or an arcane prestige class.

Remove ads