OOC: Spycraft campaign charter

Tokiwong

First Post
Pointman

working up a Pointman... focusing on social stuff... the PR guy basically... GC roll them bones

Last edited:

Alexander Roman

First Post
I vote that GC rolls the dice. Keeps everything on the up and up and really enhances the tension...

I've read the charter and agree with it all.

Of course, I'm still waiting to see if I'm on the team.

Last edited:

Game Control

First Post
Given your feedback, I will propose an alternative to handling dice rolls.

If I do all the rolls in house, you'll need an efficient protocol to inform me of your intents concerning action dice.

I can't post the result of a roll, wait for you to tell me if you want to use an action die, then roll the action die and post that result. It'll take too damn long!

Here is what I propose;

When you describe your actions in game term, write down the modifier of the action you're about to take and add an asterisk * next to it if you wish to activate an eventual should it occurs.

For example:

[I shoot the goon with my pistol; +5*]

That tells me your attack modifier is +5 (it saves me the time of looking it up) and that should you roll a critical threat, you wish to activate it.

If you intend to use an action die to add to a skill check, we'll use the following protocol:

X/Y followed by an S or a O.

X tells me how much action die you are willing to spend, Y tells by how much you need the roll to fail before spending action dice. Adding S tells me you are only concerned with success while O tells me you wish the highest success margin possible (useful for certain driving maneuver).

Exemple

[I shoot the goon with my pistol; +5 (1/3 S)]

This tells me you'll spend an action die if you fail by 3 or less. If you fail by more, you don't want to waste an action die on a lost cause.

[I shoot the goon with my pistol; +5 (2/8 S)]

This tells me you'll spend up to 2 action dice if you fail by 8 or less. You'll spend only one if that's all that is required.

[I make the Red Line driving maneuver; +5 (2/8 O)]

This tells me that as long as you are not losing the check by more than 8, you will spend 2 action dice. You'll spend them even if you are winning the check because you want to win this check by the biggest possible margin.

[I shoot the goon with my pistol; +5 (3/- S)]

Finnaly, this would mean that you are willing to spend up to 3 action dice, no matter by how much you failed. You are willing to take your chances. Basically, you want to succeed at all cost.

Do you understand what I mean? Would you prefer this?

Game Control

First Post
Alexander Roman said:
Of course, I'm still waiting to see if I'm on the team.

After reading your post I checked my mail box.

Here you are! It's approved (I'll notify you of any tiny error I might find).

We now have a pointman.

We are about to begin. At this point I would only accept a Faceman.

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Darn well I made a Pointman too... but I guess he could work as a Faceman later on down the road... hopefully you got my character

Game Control

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Just sent my character and I agree to the rulings...

I haven't received your PC. Did you sent it to both of my e-mail adresses?

I have to tell you though, as I mentionned in my previous post, that at this point I will only accept a Faceman.

I haven't received one yet and the the poster who said he'd like to make a Faceman recently bowed out of the game.

Tokiwong

First Post
well I can work up a face man... and I only sent it to one address where do I go for the other? I used the one tied to your screen name...

Steel Ronin

First Post
Action Dice

Game Control,

I read your post advising us on how to spend action dice. I had to look it over carefully (using the book too), but it makes sense and I like it. I think I can handle that - and we will all probably get the swing of it after we get going.

It all looks good to me.
We can work out any unforeseen difficulties as they pop up.

Tokiwong

First Post
Game Control said:

I haven't received your PC. Did you sent it to both of my e-mail adresses?

I have to tell you though, as I mentionned in my previous post, that at this point I will only accept a Faceman.

I haven't received one yet and the the poster who said he'd like to make a Faceman recently bowed out of the game.

sent to the other address

Remove ads