• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC: The Enemy Within, using 4E

Insight

Adventurer
The WFRP core rules don't really say anything on the matter. But what you're saying makes sense.

Here's something, maybe.

EDIT:
Sigmar's Heirs said:
... Dwarfs are never entirely comfortable in the Empire, never completely escaping the feeling that they do not belong or they are not wanted. Naturally clannish and reserved, they gather in their own districts and, in some Imperial towns, walled ghettos. Some Humans interpret this as snobbishness and as an insult, while the Dwarfs feel a need to gather together for mutual protection.

... seems to make the case that Dwarfs might not share their language with Humans, for the very reasons stated above. Dwarfs might also resent seeing Humans use a language they work hard to keep secret.

Hopefully, there's something more definitive out there.

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
There's not really any suggestion from the materials I've got. I say go with how you think your character(s) would take it rather than be held to an "official" view.

Even if it leads to a bar-fight ;)

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
Egads, it seems I've made a blunder. I am not that familiar with warhammer lore to have known that fact. We could retcon this little mistake and assume Garold doesn't know dwarven? ;)

Edit: I'm sure if the local smith was a very good friend and thought that teaching the human boy some basic dwarven wouldn't harm anyone, he certainly would have told him not to go around speaking dawi right?

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
I don't mind either way - nothing critical has happened that would prevent ret-conning. On the other hand, that little exchange was quite amusing, and could serve as the basis for interesting character development on both sides.

Insight

Adventurer
Is this game still going? I haven't seen any new posts in a while and there's not much to do til we actually get somewhere. Unless we have random encounters in the forest or something.

Dr Simon

Explorer
I was waiting for your response to FourMonos' character, but WD seems to have taken things into his hands for now, so will continue after the W/E.

Insight

Adventurer
I was waiting for your response to FourMonos' character, but WD seems to have taken things into his hands for now, so will continue after the W/E.

I thought my character had Coachman as a prior career, but then I realized he didn't, so I was of the mind to let the issue drop. He wouldn't be any better than anyone else at driving the coach.

Remove ads