• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC: The Enemy Within, using 4E

Walking Dad

First Post
Fine.

You saw that slow only affects movement in 4e? Use it on melee monster with weak or no ranged powers.

Oh, I forgot to comment your encounter and daily powers. You made great choices. I only prefer Flaming Sphere over acid arrow because of it's auto damage over several rounds.

Dr Simon

Explorer
I've been busy at work, but I was also waiting for something from [MENTION=11437]Insight[/MENTION] and [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] - without checking I think the Man in Black goes last in initiative.

Character seems fine to me. Altdorf is probably one of the few places in the Empire where you'd find a High Elf Wizard, although I'm having a hard time seeing any prior connection to the group (maybe a professional familiarity with Kildrak or a former tutor to Garold). My thought was that he could have already chartered Josef's boat to get to Bogenhafen for whatever purpose, and Josef has "forgotten" to mention this. We could bring the elf into the bar-room brawl, if you think he'd get involved.

Insight

Adventurer
I've posted Hans action for "Round Two".

Still going sans weapons for now. I hope someone draws a weapon, cause Hans isn't feeling much like a striker right now :lol: On the other hand, his "honor" (such as it is) may run out if he gets bored of the fight and wants to end it quickly.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Cheers folks, will try to get a post up later. Neurotic, I'm happy for people to post out of initiative order, and what I have done in my Iron Heroes game from time to time is to let posting order determine initiative. In this particular case, there were several conflicting or overlapping actions but in larger combats I'm happy to be a bit more free and easy.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
You saw that slow only affects movement in 4e? Use it on melee monster with weak or no ranged powers.
Yes, it does seem that slowing down foes in a movement-heavy system like 4e would be to our advantage.

Dr Simon: I was thinking that perhaps Aaryn has been with the group all along, but simply hasn't taken action yet. He's slow to act, and perhaps the group simply knows very little about him, other than that he was headed to answer the same call to adventure by the crown prince that the others were.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Well, we started off with Alain the sorcerer who dropped out of sight, so I guess it makes a kind of sense. Saves on forced introductions too!

Dr Simon

Explorer
This effectively marks the end of The Enemy Within: Mistake Identity, although obviously there is some resolution to attend to.

However, you are now Level 2, so please update your characters accordingly.

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
Yep, Kildrak too. The only encounter the others had that he didn't was a perfunctory fight with some mutants, but I'm doing levelling more as a factor of progress through the campaign than based on number of encounters anyway.

Insight

Adventurer
Hans has been updated except for the attached character sheet. This game is older than the online character builder, so I will need to go in and create him in there. Once that's done, I can post an updated sheet to the RG.

BTW Hans is better at causing enemies to grant CA to him and can now, once per encounter, allow someone else to do his sneak attack damage to an enemy.

EDIT: Have we earned any gold or found any magic items? It seems to me that we haven't.

Last edited:

Remove ads