• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC: The Enemy Within, using 4E

Dr Simon

Explorer
O dear Lord! :eek: And this for a campaign where stealth and diplomacy and subtlety are actually quite important (although there are plenty of things to hack too, including the odd greenskin).

Insight

Adventurer
Well, if there are actually campaign reasons NOT to play a party of loudmouth dwarfs, maybe we should listen to the GM :p

Someone

Adventurer
Holy :):):):), less than two days ony since the OP was posted and the thread is already 3 pages long. Tell me if there's a spot, but in the meanwhile a word of advice: pbps move at a gacial pace: a short adventure takes months, and in a campaing full of intrigue players may be expcted to remember events and names that appeared first time literally years ago IRL and a couple weeks ago in game time. If investigation and intrigue are truly the campaing's srong points, I'd advice you to at least consider one of these free, extremely rules light games; I'm thinking about thins like Fudge and Risus, though these are some years old and in the meantime some others may have appeared. This will help reducing combat time to a minimum: a pbp combat in 4e can take easily a couple weeks. Three or four encounters, and players will forget why are they doing there anyway.

Theroc

First Post
In that case... how about an Elven Shadow Warrior?

Or did they not exist at that time? I'm thinking that'd translate to a ranger of some sort... not sure which tbh, as IIRC the shadow warriors did not dual wield.

Theroc

First Post
(Haha, I would have done Dwarf fighter, but I figured multiple defenders wouldn't be too wise... Otherwise I'd play a Battlerager Dwarven Hammerer with a Mordenkrad. Plus, I figured if Simon said the diplomacy and guile were needed, at least SOMEONE should do it... so I picked a striker that might possibly do something useful. I suppose I could also do a White Lion with an Elven Ranger.)

Remove ads