• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC: The Enemy Within, using 4E

Insight

Adventurer
Thanks WD. Well, it pretty much says what you put in your post, but I like the options and I think I'll use them.

Anyone know of any firearms rules for DD4 before I go ahead and make some up?

As far as I know, there aren't any. Closest you might get is Gamma World (maybe -- I haven't seen it myself, but it stands to reason that it might have firearms).

Dr Simon

Explorer
Should be easy enough to adapt the 3rd Ed. rules I normally use. Remind me, though, are WH firearms normally unreliable and prone to misfire? I've got vague recollections of such rules.

Padreigh

First Post
They are rather unreliable. It also depends on the quality of the firearm. A normal Imperial army arquebuse has a 5% chance of misfire, iirc, a dwarf-made excellent handgun never misfires.

Walking Dad

First Post
5 % = a 1 on a d20 :D So, if you roll a 1 on an attack roll the weapon goes boom?

BTW, how were those dwarf regiment called that consists of dwarfs in heavy armors and big hammers? I want to play one! (I think it was IronBreakers or something. Would be a dwarf fighter with the two-handed weapon talent.)

Padreigh

First Post
5 % = a 1 on a d20 :D So, if you roll a 1 on an attack roll the weapon goes boom?

BTW, how were those dwarf regiment called that consists of dwarfs in heavy armors and big hammers? I want to play one! (I think it was IronBreakers or something. Would be a dwarf fighter with the two-handed weapon talent.)

The guys with the hammers were called ... Hammerers. :) They are the personal guard of a dwarf king.

I want a dwarf as well! Thunderer or Ironbreaker would be nice. :)

Dr Simon

Explorer
I was thinking of an adaptation of an old fumble rule we used to use - on a roll of 1, roll again. 1-5 = Boom! (So actually about 1% chance) (Might even do a range from Boom!, through Jam, flash-in-the-pan and so on).

PS The job advert that brings the PCs together says "No Dwarfs", although a dwarf PC may well be going along to protest at such racism!

Walking Dad

First Post

PS The job advert that brings the PCs together says "No Dwarfs", although a dwarf PC may well be going along to protest at such racism!

That actually cries for an all dwarf group teaching them some manners!

So, I could see a runepriest, invoker, fighter and an avenger/slayer group :D

Padreigh

First Post
Now that would be fun.

A whole group constantly complaining about everything human-made (from cities to beer), who attack a lot of things on sight (including elves) and for whom stealth and diplomacy are things they have to look up in a dictionary ... :)

well, actually ... sounds like a standard RPG group.;)

Insight

Adventurer
Now that would be fun.

A whole group constantly complaining about everything human-made (from cities to beer), who attack a lot of things on sight (including elves) and for whom stealth and diplomacy are things they have to look up in a dictionary ... :)

well, actually ... sounds like a standard RPG group.;)

Haha that would be pretty awesome.

I think I want to play the Dwarf Fighter in that case... or maybe the Runepriest. I like melee, what can I say?

Remove ads