OOC: The Last Hammer

Darksfear

First Post
Though honestly I have been considering a new (...well different) take on the character that would work fine with the rolls I already have, and it comes with the upside of being something I've never tried before. The downside is it won't really kick off until level 7, but I'm patient.

Though on retrospect it too would greatly benefit from the added 15, so I'll and see what your decision is.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=6814006]Thateous[/MENTION], druid friend, introduced through common dryad friend? I took Nymphs kiss, but it works for dryads too :)

Darksfear

First Post
Don't know how much computer access I will have in the next week, so I just decided to finish my character up right now. Had to change the concept up to accommodate but this should be fun too.

Name: Gabriella
Race: Human
Class: Totemist 2, Monk 1

[sblock] Religion: Worshipper of the concept of Good

Appearance: Despite being small, Gabriella has a very intimidating, bestial appearance. She is 4'3", weighing only 78lbs with long, unkempt, blood red hair, bright (almost glowing) green eyes, and wearing only a strange garment made of brown fur that seems to move on its own. By her waist the outfit fades into a barely corporeal mist. Roaming patches of transparacy seem to dot the outfit as if the pieces at the moment have been transported elsewhere. Her body is surrounded by an eerie grey aura which gives her the unnerving shape of a grey, hairless form with broad shoulders and sinewy arms that seem to drag along the ground. Springing out from the aura where her hands should be are enormous, serrated, scythelike claws that mount vicious spikes at the base of the blades. A bright blue acidic secretion lines the cutting edge of the claws.

History: To the people of her home town, Gabriella was always a disturbed child. She kept seeing things that weren't there. Seemingly had odd conversations with herself. Rarely socialized with others. People pitied her, scorned her, and even outright bullied her because of her odd behaviors. Then came the day when strange things began to happen around her. Subtle at first, but eventually Gabriella would wake up one day and be wrapped in an unusual aura shaped like the appendage of some nature spirit nobody had ever seen before. Mistaking her unique and uncontrolled gifts, the townsfolk though she was a monster. She was cast out of the village as a forgotten and spent many years in the arcane wilderness by herself. What none of the people that had abandoned her could suspect was that those strange entities were actually good-aligned powerful beings. Naturally drawn to Gabriella's pure heart at a young age, they followed her about. When she was cast out of society, they gave her the power to survive on her own and she became dedicated to helping the unfortunate souls who wandered into the wilderness only to be beset by their worst nightmares. Few people know of her real appearance because of the strange auras that encompass her, and she has been known to adapt to her environment into completely new and different forms. As of late though, Gabriella has chosen a much more alien form to call her own, preferring to simplify her image as a monster to the humanoids who shun and detest her, rather than be condemned as a being of evil when her supernatural natures become apparent. Though admittedly looking like a hideous beast in the ravaged home of the Forgotten has its advantages too.

HP: 36
AC: 21 (Base 10 + 4 Wisdom + 1 Natural Armor + 5 Armor + 1 Dex)

Speed: 30ft (20ft Dimension Door)
Initiative: +1
Languages: Common, Celestial

Strength:
Str: 12
Dex: 12
Con: 14
Int: 12
Wis: 18
Cha: 10
Appearance: 10

Base attack bonus: +1

Fort: 5/+7
Ref: 5/+6
Will: 2/+7

Attacks: Claws x2: +5, 1d6+2d4 (acid) +1, x2 crit, slashing

Skills: Skills (36): Spot: 5/+9, Listen 5/+9, Survival: 5/+10, Hide 1/+8, Move Silently: 1/+8, Diplomacy: 0/+2, Tumble: 5/+6, Knowledge Arcana: 1/+2, Knowledge Planes: 1/+2, Knowledge Nature: 1/+2, Jump: 5/+6

Feats: Sacred Vow (1), Vow of Poverty (1), Touch of Golden Ice (1), Intuitive Attack (2), Stunning Fist (3), Bonus Essentia (3)

Special abilities: Wild Empathy, Totem Chakra Bind, Flurry of Blows

Gear: Tattered Rags

Property: None

Soulmelds (Essentia 4): Blink Shirt (1), Totem Avatar (1), Kruthik Claws (Totem Bound)(2)

Alternate Soulmeld build: Pegasus Cloak (1), Wormtail Belt (1), Landshark Boots (Totem Bound)(2)
(Trades +6 Hide/Move Silently, 2 attacks at +5 1d6+2d4+1 and 20ft dimension door for +10 Jump, 4 attacks at +7 1d6+3 and +2 AC. My current build is for fluff and fun. If it feels like I'm lagging behind or we are about to enter a hard combat situation I might switch over

Alternate Appearance: She has vicious claws on her hands and feet featuring one prominent center claw flanked by two smaller claws. In addition to her tattered rags, she wears an elegant cloak made up for bright white feathers and pure radiance and a belt composed of purple scales.[/sblock]

Note: Gabriella can change her soulmelds completely on any day she chooses, which can very much alter the nature of her appearance and her fighting style. Just so everyone knows that whats up right now is subject to change with the situation.

Last edited:

Darksfear

First Post
Meet Cujo.

Celestial Estrela Mountain War Dog
Name: Cujo aka JoJo
HD: 5d8+20
Speed: 50 feet
Initiative: +4
AC: 19 (+3 Dex, +6 natural), touch 13, ff 16
Resistance: 5/Acid Cold Electricity
Spell Resistance: 8
BAB/Grapple: +3/+7
Attack: Bite +7 1d6+4
Special Attack:
Smite Evil (Su): Once per day a celestial creature can make a normal melee attack to deal extra damage equal to its HD (maximum of +20) against an evil foe.
Space/Reach: 5ft/5ft
Special Qualities: Low-Light Vision, Darkvision 60ft, Scent
Saves: Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +3
Abilities: Str: 19, Dex 16, Con 18, Int 3, Wis 14, Cha 6
Skills: Jump +8, Listen +7, Spot +7, Swim +3, Survival +1
Feats:
Alertness: +2 bonus on all Listen and Spot checks
Track:
Evasion
Combat Reflexes

I was glancing over your epic dog to see how scary it was. Just have one question. If your dog is celestial, which is a -1 druid level modifier, how is it getting the 3rd level druid bonus HD etc?

Darksfear

First Post
Ah, I see. I didn't think of that because most gms I've had wouldn't let people use it that way lol. They always added the +3 first and then subtracted the modifier (Total Druid level then minus modifier for your companion), and since you can't ever get higher than your level they wouldn't let it reduce. Since the feat is specifically designed to cap at your level it was there way of interpreting it so you couldn't get an equivalent level 4 animal companion at first level etc.

As long as our gm here has no issues with it, should be pretty fun though.

Thateous

Explorer
Good point. I'll see the the DM says about it. Not sure what other feats to take. All the ones i want require higher levels. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G935P using EN World mobile app

Thateous

Explorer
Name: Moe

Race: Human
Class: Druid
Religion: (may worship a deity, concept or be non religious)
Appearance: 5’11 120lbs brown hair and eyes Ragged, malnourished, and poor
History: (minimum of one paragraph)
HP:39
AC: 17 (+5 Exalted bonus, +2 Dex)
Speed: 30
Initiative: +2
Strength: 12
Dexterity:14
Constitution: 16
Wisdom: 18
Intelligence: 12
Charisma: 14

Base attack bonus: 2

Fortitude:3+3=6
Reflex:1+2=3
Will:3+4=7

Attacks: Quarterstaff +3 1d6+1

Skills:
Balance: 2
Bluff: 4
Climb: 1
Concentration: 9=6+3
Diplomacy: 10=4+2+2+2
Escape Artist: 2
Gather Information: 4
Handle Animal: 10=6+2+2
Heal: 7=3+4
Hide: 2
Jump: 1
Knowledge Geography: 2
Knowledge Nature: 9=6+2+1
Listen: 8=4+4
Move Silently: 2
Ride: 4
Search: 1
Sense Motive: 4
Spot: 7=3+4
Survival 9=3+2+4
Swim=2+1

Feats:
(1)Sacred Vow: +2 perfection bonus on Diplomacy
(Human 1) Vow of Poverty:
(Exalted 1): Exalted Companion
(Exalted 2): Nymph’s Kiss +2 to Cha related checks. +1 bonus on saving throws against spells, 1 extra skill point per level
(3): Natural Bond +3 to effective druid level

Special abilities:
Aura of Good: Moderate aura of good
Nature Sense: +2 Knowledge Nature and Survival
Endure Elements (Ex): He can exist comfortably in conditions between -50 and 140 degrees Fahrenheit without having to make Fortitude saves.
Woodland Stride: Can move through natural thorns at full speed without suffering damage or impairment.
Trackless Step: You leave no train in natural surroundings and cannot be tracked unless you choose to.

Gear: old robe, Walking stick (quarterstaff), Sack w/ 1 day’s rations, Spell Component Pouch

Property: None

Spells: level 0: 4 level 1: 3 level 2: 2

Last edited:

Remove ads