D&D 5E [OOC] The New World (Volo Monsters)

ammulder

Explorer
Although it is a very bugbear-y thing to do, Ripnek sleeping is sort of getting me out of the IC interactions... Not too smart of me, eh? :)

Nothing to prevent him from stirring when somebody says an interesting word. If he survived this far, gotta figure his alertness is on a hair trigger. :)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Ha! No, bugbears are lazy. One of their gods "stole their vigor" so they usually can't be bothered to keep busy for very long.

ammulder

Explorer
Yeah, from the point of view of the other races, Bugbears are lazy bums who just boss everyone else around instead of doing anything themselves. The problem is, if you don't do what they demand, they can summon a lot of murderous energy all at once. And then go back to lazing around. :)

ammulder

Explorer
When considering an ambush site, I should have asked:
  • Do you want to get there as much as possible through the mountains, through the woods, by way of a stop at the farm, or as straight a route as possible?
  • Keep in mind that you'll need to find a way to cross the river. Karok (and Moon Moon if he's from the mountains) know of places it can be forded in the mountains, but they're tricky crossings -- trying to pick your way from rock to rock where a slip would put you into rushing water.

tglassy

Adventurer
Can Karok use Shape Water to freeze a bridge? It would be in five foot increments. Or could he cause the water to flow around us, or to be calm where we are?

ammulder

Explorer
Can Karok use Shape Water to freeze a bridge? It would be in five foot increments. Or could he cause the water to flow around us, or to be calm where we are?

No to the bridge. But you could cause the water to flow around or be calmer and give anyone within the 5' area advantage on any skill checks to make it across safely.

ammulder

Explorer
All: it looks like we need to be on the lookout for ways for this bunch of ruffians to "gel." Hopefully over the first couple encounters you can find cause to appreciate each other's talents, even if "by nature" you're a pretty unlikely team. :)

Remove ads