D&D 5E [OOC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Hmmm...

I cant seem to access our IC or OOC threads viathe enworld mobile app. Strange.

Me too, in the Tapatalk app; and now that I'm back on a computer, I find all my subscriptions gone! :mad: So here I am, adding all of them back to my list. Sigh.

So unless you decide to linger at the hole you dug, I think you have escaped the oozing Temple.

Level up to 4th level.

Yeah! :D Will do that later today.

So where from here? Back to the ruins of Sloobludop to see if you can retrieve any supplies and maybe some boats? Follow the path along the lake toward Gracklstugh? Something else? Take a long rest here or wait until you are further away? (4th level benefits don't kick in until you complete a long rest).

Does Sloobludop look completely lifeless? In that case, I'd say we go find any resources (and dispossessed wealth :p) and then go. Not sure what our best option would be, though. Should we try Gracklstugh? Can't remember what our plan was if Sloobludop didn't work out.

JustinCase

Hmm, I'm wondering whether I should increase my stats (Dex+2 or Dex+1/Int+1), or whether I should take a feat. I'm particularly thinking about the Magic Initiate feat, gaining me two cantrips and one level-1 spell. And then to take Find Familiar, gaining a "spirit in animal form" who may or may not be, in Erevan's opinion, the spirit of a certain gelatinous cube...

JustinCase

HP: [roll0]

Edit: WTF... Guess I'll stick with ranged, eh? :p

Alright, I decided to go with the Feat. As I could not find it in the first post, could you please tell me if I can use the cantrips from Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide?

For the record: Level 4 brought me 2 extra hp (woohoo), 1 spell slot, 1 extra level-1 spell, and 1 feat (which gave me another spell and two cantrips).

Last edited:

Uller

Adventurer
HP: [roll0]

Edit: WTF... Guess I'll stick with ranged, eh? :p

Alright, I decided to go with the Feat. As I could not find it in the first post, could you please tell me if I can use the cantrips from Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide?

For the record: Level 4 brought me 2 extra hp (woohoo), 1 spell slot, 1 extra level-1 spell, and 1 feat (which gave me another spell and two cantrips).

Haha. That's a good idea. But don't take the feat just to save Glabbagool. There is a plan in my head.

I don't remember where I heard this rule (adventurer's league, maybe?): You can use the PHB and one other source. So if SCAG is your source, go for it...do I have that one? Hmmm...that might be the one 5e book I don't have. But I'm sure I can find the text of the cantrips somewhere.

Uller

Adventurer
Me too, in the Tapatalk app; and now that I'm back on a computer, I find all my subscriptions gone! :mad: So here I am, adding all of them back to my list. Sigh.

Yeah! :D Will do that later today.

Does Sloobludop look completely lifeless? In that case, I'd say we go find any resources (and dispossessed wealth :p) and then go. Not sure what our best option would be, though. Should we try Gracklstugh? Can't remember what our plan was if Sloobludop didn't work out.

Your plan was originally Neverlight Grove then Blingdenstone. Then Buppido betrayed you and Sarith declared he is going to Gracklstugh to kill Buppido and you started leaning that way. Gracklstugh is a good place to buy weapons and get information about trade with the surface.

JustinCase

Haha. That's a good idea. But don't take the feat just to save Glabbagool. There is a plan in my head.

I don't remember where I heard this rule (adventurer's league, maybe?): You can use the PHB and one other source. So if SCAG is your source, go for it...do I have that one? Hmmm...that might be the one 5e book I don't have. But I'm sure I can find the text of the cantrips somewhere.

Don't worry, I thought it fits nicely in the whole Alice-In-Wonderland theme to have a cat familiar, anyway. Perhaps Erevan could find it in the ruins of Sloobludop? It takes an hour to cast, so my hope is that we can spend that hour scavenging the ruins while he casts Find Familiar.

Or do you as a DM want to have Erevan find his familiar in a particular fashion?

Remove ads