D&D 5E [OOC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

DMAesh

Explorer
Ok, I was just wondering, because it was my assumption that the bottle was significantly larger than the vials that potions usually come in. I am pretty lost as well...

SunGold

First Post
If we're going to try and "open" one of the cracks (that air is flowing into or out of), IMO the dry one (not in the pool room) would be better. There's water "gushing" through the cracks in the pool room. Seems like a great way to drown ourselves.

Regardless of which room's cracks we choose, I have zero idea how to:

1. Get to the ceiling
2. Break it open
3. Break it open *without collapsing the weight above and/or a lake onto our heads*

DMAesh

Explorer
Hmm, true, I was thinking that we could use the water level to help us get up to the ceiling... No one is wearing any heavy armor... :p

Uller

Adventurer
There are three potions:

Potion of healing.
One with the jelly fish bubble
One with a pourable "fog" inside it (this is one the drow had)

The smoking bottle is brass and larger. Weighs about a pound.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EN World mobile app

Uller

Adventurer
Ok, I'm happy to just back out of the room. Wanna head back to our pals & try that smoke bottle, guys?

Also, on the topic of rolls: is it ok if we use outside rollers? I've taken a liking to Coyotecode. Between the limited numbers of rolls & weird tendencies of the ENW roller, I'm kind of over it. Coyotecode also has a bunch of useful built-in functions for stuff like (dis)advantage.

If cheating is a concern, all rolls on Coyotecode are public, so as long as you use the same username for all a character's rolls, it's easily verifiable that someone didn't make the roll a bunch of times. Here's the page for another of my characters, for example.

Just realized I forgot to answer this. I don't care what you use to roll. Just link it to your posts.

SunGold

First Post
Ok. 11 of us. That's about 5:45 each, if we split the potion.

We know it was a wiiiide open cavern above us - that's why we had to come down here in the first place. Too easy to spot us.

Even if a few hundred feet of rock piled up, almost 6 minutes seems like an abundance of time to ride the air current out.

SunGold

First Post
Even assuming an uneven split. Heck, halve that--*3 minutes* would still seem like plenty of time.

Edit: But again, I just wanna finish this, so open to trying basically anything you elves come up with.

Last edited:

Remove ads