[OOC] Underdogs [a core dnd game][4/4]

doghead

thotd
Voda

Zadam didn't get around to posting Adokul in the RG thread. So to save you hunting around the ooc thread, I gathered the main bits below. If you wish to ghost him, you can jump right into the ic thread.

[sblock=Adokul]Name: Adokul Wyvernjack
Class: Rogue 4
Race: Grell (Half-Orc)
Size: M
Alignment: CN
Deity:

Level: 4 XP: 0 BAB: +3

Str: 16 (+3)
Dex: 16 (+3)
Con: 14 (+2)
Int: 12 (+1)
Wis: 8 (-1)
Cha: 10 (+0)

Defence: BAB: (+3) Dex: (+3) Dodge: (+1) Total: (+7)
Soak: Con: (+2) Armor: (+4) Toughnes: (+1) Total: (+7)

Total Base Mod Misc
Fort: +3 +1 +2 --
Ref: +6 +3 +3 --
Will: +0 +1 -1 --
Notes:

Weapon Attack Damage Critical Range Notes
Short Sword +8 1d6+4 8/+0 Melee
Dagger +6 1d4+3 8/+0 10 ft
Sap +6 1d6+3 10/+0 Melee

Notes:

Languages: Grell, Trader

Abilities: Special bonus: +8 SP at 1st lvl and +2 SP per level after.
Rogue: Sneak Attack +4, Trapfinding, Evasion (take no damage when
reflex save gives half damage), Trap Sence +1, Uncanny Dodge

Half Orc Traits:
Medium: As Medium creatures, Half Orcs have no special bonuses or
penalties due to their size.
Base land speed is 30 feet.

Feats: Weapon Focus (Short Sword +1 attack), Toughness (+1 soak), Dodge (+1 Def)

Skill Points: 77 Max Ranks: 7
Skills Total Ranks Mod Misc
Write Grell (int) - 1 -
Speak Trader (int) - 1 -
Stealth (dex) 10 7 +3
Climb (str) 10 7 +3
Disable Device (int) 8 7 +1
Escape Artist (dex) 10 7 +3
Jump (str) 10 7 +3
Open Lock (dex) 10 7 +3
Balance (dex) 10 7 +3
Bluff (cha) 7 7 +0
Appraise (int) 8 7 +1
Perception (wis) 6 7 -1
Survival (wis) 4 5 -1

Notes:

GP: 406
Equipment: Cost Weight
Short Sword +1 2310
4 * Dagger 8gp
Sap 1gp
Studded Leather Armor +1 1175
2 * Elixir of Stealth (+10 for 1 hour) 500
2 * Cure Moderate Wounds 600

Height: 6'1"
Weight: 220
Eyes: Green
Hair: Brown
Skin: Dark

Background

A tormented soul. Adokul never knew his mother, and all he knew of his father was that he was a harsh and cruel son of a bitch. When Adokul was 14 he stabbed his father to death while he slept.

The harsh upbringing and start to life he received have made him very cynical, selfish and very suspicious of everyone. He has no real friends, just contacts and acquaintances who have proven to be beneficial to Adokul in some way. He has no qualms about using or killing people for his own ends, some even suspect he gets pleasure from it. In reality whenever he makes a kill Adokul is always reminded of his own father dieing by his hand all those years ago, and the feelings he experiences are both sweet and bitter.

Adokul has made a name for himself as the person to see if you need some "less than reputable" work done. Just make sure you keep up your end of the bargain.

Adokul's fate would have been much worse if it had not been for the intervention of the krel shaman. Sympathetic to the boy's situation, the shaman arranged for Adokul to be taken in by another clan in a different krel. (This could be Horak, but need not be. Adokul can still have moved on since then. Regardless, he will need a Fall, as pretty much every grell lives in a fall. It could be one of the PC's if the player in question agrees. Or one of your own devising.) Adokul's deed would remain unspoken, he would have a fresh start (of course, it is still possible that rumours of his action have travelled around the grel communities). But with the assistance came a debt - Adokul is required to serve any shaman when requested to do so. The debt will endure until Adokul becomes a father himself.

Its unlikely that the shaman would call on Adokul often. Such a obligation would not be used lightly. Adokul is probably required to present himself to the shaman of a krel he stays at and make his debt known. Failure to do so, if discovered, would probably incur some form of punishment

OK, I figure that after a few years with the Krel Shaman, Adokul decided to leave as he knew no one in the Fall could ever trust him again. After wandering from place to place for several years, working as a bit of a thief/mercenary for hire, he ended up in Horak-krel where the Kharad Fall decided to hire him as a worker.

He was officially hired as a lowly grunt, but unofficially they started using him to take care of certain "Sensitive" matters that are best not known by the general population. A bit of a covert spy/assassin mostly. Adokul has been working for them for a bit over a year now, but is still not highly trusted by most, although the higher powers have come to depend on his skills, and the advantages those skills can bring to them.[/sblock]

doghead

thotd
ooc - Underdogs

I'm going to be heading off tomorrow to work on a farm for a bit. So I may not log on for a day or two. After that, my access probably won't be daily, but hopefully I will be able to keep a 48 hour turn around.

What I need to know now is the character's plan of action. I shall have access for the next 16 hours or so. So if you have any questions ...

doghead
aka thotd

doghead

thotd
OK. I'm settled in sort of. Its still a bit temporary, but that should be sorted by the end of next week. But internet access has been sorted, which is the main thing. So first thing is find out where the threads are at. Then I'll write up some responses and post them up.

doghead
aka thotd

doghead

thotd
Adokul Wyvernjack, Male Grell Rogue 4
[SBLOCK]
INITIATIVE +3. PERCEPTION +6.
LANGUAGES: Speak Grell, Write Grell, Speak Trader.
----------------------
DEFENCE +7. SOAK +7.
FORT +3. REFL +6. WILL +0.
----------------------
SPEED 30 ft.
BASE ATTACK +3.
* +1 short-sword +8 melee (1d6+4, 8/+0)
* dagger +6 melee (1d4+3, 8/+0)
* dagger +6 range (1d4+3, 8/+0, 10 ft.)
* sap +6 melee (1d6+3, 10/+0)
ATTACK OPTIONS: Sneak Attack (+4).
----------------------
ABILITIES: STR 16, DEX 16, CON 14, INT 12, WIS 8, CHA 10.
RACIAL ABILITIES: Dark vision 60 ft.
CLASS ABILITIES: Trap-finding +1, Evasion, Uncanny Dodge.
FEATS: Dodge, Toughness, Weapon Focus (short-sword).
SKILLS: Stealth (dex) +10, Climb (str) +10, Disable Device (int) +8, Escape Artist (dex) +10, Jump (str) +10, Open Lock (dex) +10, Balance (dex) +10, Bluff (cha) +7, Appraise (int) +8, Perception (wis) +6, Survival (wis) +4.
----------------------
EQUIPMENT: +1 short-sword, dagger x4, sap, +1 studded leather armour, potion x2 (Elixir of Stealth, +10 bonus for 1 hour), potion x2 (CMW), 406 gp.[/SBLOCK]

Height: 6'1"
Weight: 220
Eyes: Green
Hair: Brown
Skin: Dark

BACKGROUND

A tormented soul. Adokul never knew his mother, and all he knew of his father was that he was a harsh and cruel son of a bitch. When Adokul was 14, he stabbed his father to death while he slept.

Adokul's fate would have been much worse if it had not been for the intervention of the krel shaman. Sympathetic to the boy's situation, the shaman arranged for Adokul to be taken in by another clan in a different krel. Adokul's deed would remain unspoken, he would have a fresh start (of course, it is still possible that rumours of his action have travelled around the grel communities). But with the assistance came a debt - Adokul is required to serve any shaman when requested to do so. The debt will endure until Adokul becomes a father himself. Until then, Adokul is required to present himself to the shaman of any krel he stays at and make his debt known. Failure to do so, if discovered, will probably incur some form of punishment if discovered.

Adokul has moved a few times since then. After wandering from place to place for several years, working as a bit of a thief/mercenary for hire, he ended up in Horak-krel where the Kharad Fall decided to hire him as a worker. Now he finds himself under Ershe's father. Its an aggressive fall, tending to favour strength over subtlety. Adokul has been working for them for a bit over a year now, but is still not highly trusted by most, although the higher powers have come to depend on his skills, and the advantages those skills can bring to them.

PERSONALITY

The harsh upbringing and start to life he received have made him very cynical, selfish and very suspicious of everyone. He has no real friends, just contacts and acquaintances who have proven to be beneficial to Adokul in some way. He has no qualms about using or killing people for his own ends, some even suspect he gets pleasure from it. In reality whenever he makes a kill Adokul is always reminded of his own father dieing by his hand all those years ago, and the feelings he experiences are both sweet and bitter.

Adokul has made a name for himself as the person to see if you need some "less than reputable" work done. Just make sure you keep up your end of the bargain.

doghead

thotd
Voda, let me know if there are any adjustments that you would like to make to Adokul. I'm fairly open to anything that doesn't impact on the game continuity. You can reformat the character sheet to something more of your own liking if you wish. POst it to the RG thread when ready.

On a related question, how do you stand with ghosting Adokul? Are you just hanging in there until you can get on to a new character of your own devising? Or are you happy enough playing Adokul for now?

I saw Autumn logged in this morning. That could be a good sign. If you are lurking, I hope that things are going well for you Autumn.

doghead
aka thotd

doghead

thotd
Voda If you are happy, then I am happy. We can worry about what to do when Zadam returns if Zadam returns.

doghead
aka thotd

doghead

thotd
ooc - Underdogs

Voda. How's it going? Haven't seen much of you lately. I noticed that you jumped into a lot of games fairly quickly. Are you suffering a little bit of burnout?

doghead
aka thotd

Remove ads