[OOC] Underdogs [a core dnd game][4/4]

doghead

thotd
ooc - underdogs

Zadam. A couple of things. Magical weapons have to have a +1 bonus before special abilities can be added. So a +1 frost weapon costs the same as a +2 weapon, or 8,000 gp. With the weapon base cost of 310 gp for a masterwork +1 short sword (and enchanted weapons all have to be masterwork), that gives you 8,310 gp. A straight +1 weapon would be fine.

You are in the same boat as covaithe with this, he wanted a flaming weapon. So perhaps down the track I'll see what I can do about having the characters run into someone who can add enchantments to weapons. Its much cooler than just tossing the old and getting a new weapon.

Also, Write Grell and Speak Trader only require 2 points. My post was a bit confusing I realise, I included my musings on the subject before deciding to go with the regular rules. Keep in mind that, unlike 'adventurers', the characters need some way of making a living, or contributing to their Fall on a day to day basis.

Otherwise, you are good for the RG and IC threads.

Edit: Zadam Just saw your last post. Its all good. I'm thinking that Grakk fall and Kharad fall would be fairly closely aligned, as they share a similar outlook. Or, to make things even more interesting, Adokul is working for Kharad fall, which is Ershe's fathers fall. Ershe and his father don't see eye to eye, to put it mildly. Having Adokul become part of Kharad fall, one of Ershe's father's coterie could be interesting. I'll leave you two to sort that out.

Autumn, thanks for the responces. Very helpful.

doghead
aka thotd

Zadam

First Post
Ahh yes, I had forgotten that a weapon needed to be +1 on top of any other enchantments it might have. Personally I find this to be a bit of an odd rule, but so be it. I have updated the character sheet with all the new info, including weapon and skills.

I like your suggestion about Kharad Fall, and I think I will update the post I made to reflect this.

doghead

thotd
ooc - Underdogs

I've just got back to the farm, trying to sort out the house and get my head around my new responsibilities. Will get something up in a day or two.

doghead
aka thotd

doghead

thotd
ooc - Underdogs

Nice ic work. I'm really enjoying reading it.

I'm not that familier with magic - spells and items. I had a look through the druid spells for anything that the shaman might use, but nothing jumped out at me. If you have any thoughts or suggestions, feel free to post them here.

doghead
aka thotd

Zadam

First Post
I think we are pretty much done in the meeting with the Shaman, what does everyone think about skipping forward to when the party sets out?

covaithe

Explorer
Yeah, I think that's right. I think we're just waiting IC for the shaman to tell us that he doesn't have anything else to say.

Remove ads