• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OotS #362

ruleslawyer

iwatt said:
I disagree. V's description of his protobrain could refer to his low Wisdom and Charisma.

Also, when the ilithid checks out the party's brains:

"Too angry, I'd get heartburn."
But the illithid doesn't seem to be using a purely quantitative scale; what's the Int difference between "filling but bland" and "heartburn city"?

While Elan (clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed) get's:

"Next!"
Being smarter than Elan isn't saying much. :)

ruleslawyer

Knight Otu said:
Belkar recognized Roy while he was gender-swapped, however. A simple beard-gluing shouldn't fool him. ;)
That's the smell, though (maybe Rich's halflings get Scent!). Elan and Nale might smell alike due to common heritage.

iwatt said:
I disagree. V's description of his protobrain could refer to his low Wisdom and Charisma.
A low charisma and wisdom fits V's description, at least if we follow the Wisdom/Charisma score flavour text. It says there (IIRC) that any create with the capability to distinguish itself from others has a wisdom and charisma score. Belkar is a tiny step higher - he can distinguish between himself, hated enemy and object of lust. "Real" people (with Wisdom and CHarisma around of 10 or higher) can actually difference between friends, relatives and so on.

Merkuri

Explorer
Joker said:
I think Haley is gonna profess her love to Nale.

No, no, no... can't you see where this is going? Haley, becuase of her feelings for Elan, is going to be the only one to recognize it's Nale, but because of her "disability" is going to be unable to communicate it to the party. :)

ruleslawyer

Mustrum_Ridcully said:
A low charisma and wisdom fits V's description, at least if we follow the Wisdom/Charisma score flavour text. It says there (IIRC) that any create with the capability to distinguish itself from others has a wisdom and charisma score. Belkar is a tiny step higher - he can distinguish between himself, hated enemy and object of lust. "Real" people (with Wisdom and CHarisma around of 10 or higher) can actually difference between friends, relatives and so on.
Excellent analysis! I bow to your rules application!

Nyaricus

First Post
Merkuri said:
No, no, no... can't you see where this is going? Haley, becuase of her feelings for Elan, is going to be the only one to recognize it's Nale, but because of her "disability" is going to be unable to communicate it to the party. :)
I just realised that Elan is Nale spelt backwards. huh.

In any case, these comics are getting awesome! :D

Curse my dyslexia! When I first read the strip, to me it seemed as though everyone recognized that it *was* Nale, and were just pushing him aside to deal with Thog.

*sigh* Someday, my arch-nemesis Letters will fall into correct step.

-TRRW

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Nyaricus said:
I just realised that Elan is Nale spelt backwards. huh.

In any case, these comics are getting awesome! :D

Just? Wow.

I think that if Haley knew it was Nale and really wanted to get it across, she'd just go find something to write with and give Roy a note explaining the situation. Or maybe that's too easy; I don't know.

paradox42

First Post
cthulhu_duck said:
I can hear the GM telling off Roy's player for the OOC comment already.
Read the prequel comics and you'll understand why the comment about heavy metal bands is not at all out of character. :)

And I'm with a poster in the thread for 361, myself- I think Haley will "tell" the others which Elan is "real" by kissing him, and in the process getting her unscrambled voice back.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads