• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OotS #442

Voadam

Legend
Quartz said:
Slashing weapons do half damage vs skeletal undead, don't they?

In 3e I believe they did, in 3.5 they have DR 5/bludgeoning

Liches however have:

Damage Reduction (Su)
A lich’s undead body is tough, giving the creature damage reduction 15/bludgeoning and magic. Its natural weapons are treated as magic weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
Quartz said:
It's much worse than that: "A lich’s undead body is tough, giving the creature damage reduction 15/bludgeoning and magic."

Edit: Yeah, what he said.

Presto2112

Explorer
Voadam said:
In 3e I believe they did, in 3.5 they have DR 5/bludgeoning

Liches however have:

Damage Reduction (Su)
A lich’s undead body is tough, giving the creature damage reduction 15/bludgeoning and magic. Its natural weapons are treated as magic weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

LOL, so Roy would have been better off getting Greater Magic Weapon cast on his Big Honkin Stick than by getting his ancestral sword fixed.

Enforcer

Explorer
Quartz said:
Liches have DR 15/bludgeoning and magic. Hate to say it, but Roy may have been better off enchanting that greatclub of his--2d6+2 damage from undead bane (if that's what the sword is) still doesn't overcome Xykon's DR.

Kudos to those above with faster fingers.

Last edited:

Numion

First Post
OotS has been in top form for a while now. At some point in the past it was bit of a bore, but that must be, what, 100 episodes ago by now?

Great work!

DreadArchon

First Post
That was awesome. Roy should die and have to be rezzed from that, because that was awesome and Xykon deserves to have gotten somewhere with that.

Because that was awesome.

Someone

Adventurer
I sense a disturbance in the Force. Like a million fans trying to calculate Roy's hit points, damage received to this moment, and if he'll be able to survive
20d6 falling damage

Edit: Screw that. I bet Roy
survives because he lands on the hill of hobgoblin corpses Belkar made

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads