OOTS 594 is up

Staffan

Legend
And I think that is key -- the question is not what does the good alignment abstractly require, but what kind of a person is Elan?
Elan is a person who's aware of dramatics, and thus he knows that even if he kills Kabuto, that will just lead to some other villain showing up.

Cadfan

First Post
Elan won't let Kuboto drown. He rescued Nael when Nael was hanging from a pit over top of horrible monsters, even though he knew that Nael was evil and deserved to fall.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Elan won't let Kuboto drown. He rescued Nael when Nael was hanging from a pit over top of horrible monsters, even though he knew that Nael was evil and deserved to fall.

However, Kubuto still has the poison ring on him (though he doesn't seem to be wearing them) so if Elan tried to save him, he might get poisoned.

FalcWP

Explorer
2) I don't think Kubuto is going to poison the guy trying to keep him from drowning.

<Insert obligatory 'Tale of the Scorpion and whichever animal you like (frog, dog, etc.) that he stabbed while they were crossing the river' story here>.

That said, I don't think that's Kubota's nature. He wants to survive - as long as he has a few cards left to play, he's not going to give up, even for the chance to kill a PC.

Ha!

Rich answered my question (prestige class) and handled the "not another drawn-out trial" crowd (which apparently included V)!

Plus, I forgot, but Kubota tried to assassinate Hinjo in the middle of the battle for the city, which is clearly and blatantly treason, and so justice is done. Ashes to ashes and all that...

Remove ads