• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oots 648!

Nymrohd

First Post
Celia must have a negative wisdom modifier and no ranks whatsoever in sense motive. I mean Haley barely needs to bluff her, she is so naive! And why on earth does Vaarsuvius think they will teleport before raising Roy? Unless she plans to explain why they are in such a hurry . . .

SPoD

First Post
Celia must have a negative wisdom modifier and no ranks whatsoever in sense motive. I mean Haley barely needs to bluff her, she is so naive!

Well, the thing to remember is that technically, Crystal DID say Haley could borrow her knife--when she was taunting her about using to shave her legs a few strips back. So Haley isn't actually bluffing here AT ALL.

And why on earth does Vaarsuvius think they will teleport before raising Roy? Unless she plans to explain why they are in such a hurry . . .

Resurrection has a ten minute casting time, maybe V doesn't want to rack up the time.

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
Well, that was a surprise to me. Ruthless to a point ... hmmmm ... was this act evil? ;)

/M

eryndel

Explorer
Yeah, in my book that's pretty evil. Sure, the fact that loss of life in the DND verse means being out some amount of gold to raise you back up, so that kind of clouds the matter. But I think that crossed the line there.

Not that neutral, or even good, character can't do the occasional evil act before they get to the "deep end of the alignment pool."

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
Not that neutral, or even good, character can't do the occasional evil act before they get to the "deep end of the alignment pool."

I was thinking the same thing, and then I realised that I have an easier time accepting an evil act as a temporary transgression from this particular character, than from V.

So basically, this particular character get off the hook more easily in my mind, than that poor, possessed elf. :D

Rich sure knows how to play them strings.

/M

Quartz

Hero
I wonder if Haley has been sufficiently astute to put the body in her Bag of Holding? To be disposed of by the sharks.

roguerouge

First Post
Wait... so killing unrepentant evil humans and taking their stuff is wrong? It's only right when it's monsters? Drat, I've been playing it wrong all this time!

Last edited:

Henrix

Explorer
Wait... so killing unrepentant evil humans and taking their stuff is wrong? It's only right when it's monsters? Drat, I've been playing it wrong all this time!

Of course, it all boils down to race.

Half-orcs are ok, though. They count as monsters when they're evil NPCs.

Remove ads