• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OotS #653

Lord Zardoz

Explorer
So did anyone else notice the definitive pronoun use when Tsukiko spoke about V?

Also, I rather like Xykons big finishing 'spell'. [sblock]I also wonder if Xykon will try to steal / bind those soul splices to himself?[/sblock]

END COMMUNICATION

Last edited:

Dark Dragon

Explorer
"Use elf with floor"... (or vice versa) Xykon's party is playing in a different league if they show up together.
Nice idea with that Xykon doll and the two coloured pair of shoes of Tsukiko.

ArisKatsaris

First Post
Zardoz, there's TONS of places where V has been called "she". There's also tons of places where V has been called "he".

And yet every single time some new page does it again, there's always some person acting as if this happened for the first time, as if there's some revelation that occured.

It didn't. V remains gender-ambiguous.

Nymrohd

First Post
Recloak thinks V is a she? Well it doesn't prove anything but I agree with him:) Xykon probably has a +6 enhancement to Strength I guess.

And Xykon has Superb dispelling? Good pick (though if I was a sorcerer I'd pick Reaving).

Well V owes about 20 minutes each to Lee and Cedric and less than 5 to Nero. Still a lot of time. Can they claim it in multiple intervals btw?

SPoD

First Post
Ok, now I finally feel sorry for V. And I also have to wonder how on earth are Roy and crew going to ever defeat Xykon now? He is way out of their league.

I think this comic actually answers that: They need to get Redcloak and Tsukiko to turn on Xykon, thus denying him their respective tactical advantages, while taking advantage of their own teamwork. Without Tsukiko's Mind Fog and Redcloak's advice, V's soul splices last long enough for him/her to teleport away.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Ouch. Just when we get Roy back, we have to rescue Vaarsuvius. We really need to get the party back together already.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Well crap, that didn't work.

Not that I expected it to, but still. Ouch! Burlew sure has screwed V over. S/he is really feeling like the OotS's Londo.

It's only being screwed over if you don't bring it on yourself. When you do bring it on yourself, like Londo and V, it's karmic retribution.

Lord Zardoz

Explorer
Zardoz, there's TONS of places where V has been called "she". There's also tons of places where V has been called "he".

And yet every single time some new page does it again, there's always some person acting as if this happened for the first time, as if there's some revelation that occured.

It didn't. V remains gender-ambiguous.

Really, I honestly had not noticed. Or just brain farted. My mistake.

END COMMUNICATION

Remove ads