• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oots 660

SPoD

First Post
Well,
thats anticlimactic
and hopefully more than a minor inconvenience.

It's a pretty good assumption that Xykon has warded his phylactery against scrying, so he'll have to locate it the old-fashioned way: hobgoblins in hip waders. That should keep Team Evil in the city weeks longer while the OOTS gets a head start on the way to Girard's Gate.

And that's good for the Good Guys, since Team Evil won't need to stay in Azure City to torture O-Chul for information after Xykon kills him horribly next strip or so.

Last edited:

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
It's a pretty good assumption that Xykon has warded his phylactery against scrying, so he'll have to locate it the old-fashioned way: hobgoblins in hip waders. That should keep Team Evil in the city weeks longer while the OOTS gets a head start on the way to Girard's Gate.

I dunno - would you trust your phylactery to hobgoblins? This might be a bigger problem than that....

SPoD

First Post
I'm with Leatherhead. After all that buildup... wha? :erm:

I don't know, it seemed fine to me. It's a moderate victory in the middle of the story, pulled off by one PC and an NPC. Frankly, considering how badly this scene started out for V, this is practically a miracle.

It would have been just as anticlimactic for the phylactery to fall into the rift, and for Xykon to look at it and go, "Crap. Now I have to make a new one." Which was basically the only other option.

Or did you actually think the main villain of the entire comic was going to be destroyed right now?

Erekose

Eternal Champion
You could argue that this is in keeping with the spirit of simulating D&D - as O-Chul isn't a member of the OotS (i.e. not a player character) he shouldn't be allowed to have such a dramatic effect on the story (i.e. on Xykon).

Remove ads