• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oots 660

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Can someone call this a "filler" strip yet? ;)

It certainly accomplishes one thing --- leaving us in suspence about Xykon's next move and whether O'Chul and V can escape.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
It's a pretty good assumption that Xykon has warded his phylactery against scrying, so he'll have to locate it the old-fashioned way: hobgoblins in hip waders. That should keep Team Evil in the city weeks longer while the OOTS gets a head start on the way to Girard's Gate.

I don't believe team evil needs more than one gate for their plans.

It certainly accomplishes one thing --- leaving us in suspence about Xykon's next move and whether O'Chul and V can escape.

Indeed,
even the bird didn't die, what a let down.

SPoD

First Post
I don't believe team evil needs more than one gate for their plans.

Yes, but the operative word there is "gate", not "rift". Right now, they have zero gates, and they need one gate. So they will eventually need to leave Azure City, because a big open rift is of no use to them at all. The only thing that has been preventing them leaving is Redcloak's interrogation of O-Chul, under the pretense of learning about that gate's defenses. And that pretense won't be there much longer.

Basically, anything that helps the OOTS get to the next gate before they do is a benefit to the Good Guys.

fba827

Adventurer
For me,

the story advancement was the fact that we saw the result of V's spell from last strip, and the result of the tease (would it go in the snarl or not, etc)...

the humor was in the plaque above dark entrance #3. :)

the dramatic moment is the look on X's face as he's deciding to go back for V and O. :)

So while it did not have any laugh out loud moments for me, I still enjoyed it on some levels. :)

malraux

First Post
It's a pretty good assumption that Xykon has warded his phylactery against scrying, so he'll have to locate it the old-fashioned way: hobgoblins in hip waders. That should keep Team Evil in the city weeks longer while the OOTS gets a head start on the way to Girard's Gate.

There is a way to find it that only takes 1d10 days.

Remove ads