• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OotS #663 up

CubeKnight

First Post
Well, the craze is long over. Society at large has moved on from thinking D&D players are satanic cultists; now they just think we're loser geeks. (To which my only reply is, Vin Diesel.) For the most part, teenage D&D players don't have to worry about having their books burned any more.

But people like Jack Chick, and the folks who swear by him, don't change their minds.
Yup, it moved on to videogames/anime/manga. Sadly. *sigh*

Ambrus

Explorer
Oh, it's real all right. A lot of people took that guy very seriously back in the eighties; he was one of the great "authorities" on D&D, the satanic game that seduced impressionable teens into black masses, witchcraft, and suicide.
See, now I thought Dark Dungeons™ was a promotional pamphlet put out by TSR/the Prince of Darkness back in the day to advertise the game's amazing benefits. That's why I originally started playing. You mean I'll learn to cast Mind Bondage? Awesome! Hand me that infernal contract and let's roll for initiative. :devil:

I've been playing for nearly twenty years now. I'm sure my super powers will kick in soon. At least I hope so; I'm running low on friends to sacrifice. :uhoh:

roguerouge

First Post
There's actually a thread of predictions on what post 666 will be like. If you think this Jack Chick thing is a possibility, I'd encourage you to post it there...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads